Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
UPDATE: The Starwood American Express credit card offers in this post are no longer available, but check Hot Deals for the latest offers!
For a limited time, the sign-up bonus on the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express personal and small business cards has been increased to 30,000 Starwood points after you meet minimum spending requirements.
Normally, the sign-up bonus on this card is 25,000 Starwood points. So this is a good deal!
This offer usually comes around once a year. So this is a great opportunity! You can use Starwood points for hotel stays or transfer them to airlines for even more Big Travel.
What’s the Deal?
Link: Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
Link: Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
Apply before September 14, 2015, to earn the increased bonus. You’ll get:
- 30,000 Starwood points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account (personal card), or
- 30,000 Starwood points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account (business card)
- 2 points per $1 you spend at Starwood hotels (includes Aloft, Element, Four Points, Le Meridien, Sheraton, St Regis, The Luxury Collection, Westin and W brand hotels)
- 1 point per $1 you spend on everything else
- Unlimited use of Boingo Wi-Fi hotspots (excluding in-flight)
- For small business cardholders, access to Sheraton Club lounges (free breakfast and hors d’oeuvres) for cardholder and 1 guest staying in the same room (3rd party bookings are excluded).
- 2 stay credits or 5 night credits toward Starwood Elite Status
- $95 annual fee, waived for the 1st year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Terms & limitations apply
Note: You can earn extra Starwood points by linking your Starwood account with Uber.
What Can You Do With Starwood Points?
Have a look at my series on the best ways to use Starwood points!
Starwood points are valuable. There aren’t many ways to earn them, and if you transfer them to partner airlines, you’ll get a 5,000 mile bonus for every 20,000 points you transfer.
So this new offer is a good deal for folks who have NOT yet earned the bonus on the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest card.
30,000 Starwood points is enough for an off-peak season night at a top-tier hotel like the St. Regis Princeville Resort in Kauai.
Keep in mind, American Express only lets folks get the bonus on personal cards ONCE per lifetime.
Special Discounts & Deals With AMEX
And remember, having another American Express cards gives you access to extra perks and more discounts, like:
AMEX OPEN – (small business cards only) – Earn automatic discounts when you use your AMEX business card at participating merchants, like Hyatt, FedEx, and Hertz.
Small Business Saturday – I hope Small Business Saturday returns this year! Having another AMEX card will get you more discounts!
ShopRunner – AMEX cardholders get free membership in ShopRunner (free shipping & discounts from dozens of online merchants).
The sign-up bonus for the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest personal and business card has been increased to 30,000 Starwood points for a limited time.
But you have to apply by September 14, 2015, to get the better offer!
This is a great deal for folks who haven’t had this card before. American Express will only let you get the sign-up bonus ONCE on personal cards, and they normally increase the bonus once each year. So this is a great opportunity.
Please share your favorite ways to earn and use Starwood points!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!