Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
However, it can be hard to eat healthy while on the road.
But you can save money and eat well while on-the-go by using cards that give cash back or bonus points.
Healthy Options on the Road
Gas stations with convenience stores are offering healthier food like prepackaged sandwiches, salads, and soups. So it’s not just hot dogs and junk food anymore!
Many of these are open 24 hours, which is great when you’re driving long hours.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express (3% cash back at US gas stations). Terms apply.
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express (2% cash back at US gas stations). Terms apply.
- AMEX EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card (2X American Express Membership Rewards points on gas in the US). Terms apply.
- American Express Hilton Honors (5 Hilton points on gas in the US)
- American Express Hilton HHonors Surpass (6 Hilton points on gas in the US)
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express (2X American Express Membership Rewards points at US gas stations and restaurants). Terms apply.
- SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express (if you’ve selected US gas station as your 3% category). Terms apply.
- Chase AARP
- Chase Freedom (when gas stations are a 5X bonus category)
- Chase Ink Bold (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points at gas stations)
- Chase Ink Cash (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points or 2% cash back on gas)
- Chase Ink Plus (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on gas)
- Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card (3 Hilton points on gas)
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN (if you’ve selected US gas stations as your 3X category, otherwise it’s 2X points)
- US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards American Express (2X FlexPoints on gas if it was your highest spending category in a billing cycle)
- US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards (2X FlexPoints on gas if it was your highest spending category in a billing cycle)
- US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature (2X FlexPoints on gas if it was your highest spending category in a billing cycle)
- Wells Fargo Propel 365 (3X points on gas in the US)
2. QuikTrip Gas
QuikTrip gas station offers made to order foods like toasted sandwiches, personal pizzas, and kolaches.
You can find RaceTrac gas stations in the South in states like Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. There are also affiliated locations in other Southern states such as Kentucky and Tennessee.
Sheetz offers customizable menu options like salads, deli sandwiches, and wraps.
Link: Wawa Nutrition Center
Wawa has gas stations along the East Coast and provides nutritional information about their food.
You can find quick and healthy meals when driving on road trips at gas stations and convenience stores.
Some are open 24 hours, like 7-Eleven, and offer fresh fruit and salads.
Which are your favorite gas stations to buy food?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!