Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
That’s 20,000 miles more than the previous offer! Emily and I don’t earn a commission on this card, but we always tell you about the best deals!
Find out the details about this new sign-up bonus!
What’s the Deal?
The sign-up bonus for the CitiBusiness American Airlines Platinum card has now increased to 50,000 American Airlines miles. To earn the bonus, spend $3,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
You’ll also get:
- 2X American Airlines miles with American Airlines
- 2X American Airlines miles at certain office supply, telecommunications, and rental car companies
- American Airlines Companion Certificate when you spend $30,000 on your card in 1 cardmember year
- 1st checked bag free for you and up to 4 companions
- Priority boarding
The $95 annual fee is waived the 1st year.
Some folks think they don’t qualify for a business credit card. But check out my list of 10 small business activities that you may already do!
This isn’t a good option for folks who are looking for a card to use outside of the US because it charges 3% in foreign transaction fees.
Note: Thanks to reader Tomt for asking about application rules for this card! Citi says:
This CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select card offer is not available to you if you already have a CitiBusiness AAdvantage card account. Additionally, this offer is valid only for first time CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select cardmembers
So if you have, or have had this card, you can NOT get the increased bonus.
Where Can You Go With 50,000 American Airlines Miles?
You can book 2 round-trip tickets to anywhere in the continental US, Alaska, and Canada.
Or a 1-way Business Class flight to Europe!
A Business Class flight from the US to Europe could cost $7,500! So this is a fantastic deal!
This is much better than the previous bonus of 30,000 miles.
We don’t earn a commission on this card, but we’ll always tell you about the best offers!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!