Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Folks who sign-up for the Discover it card (or current cardholders who were able to opt-in) can earn double cash back for the 1st 12 billing cycles.
What’s the Deal?
Link: Discover it
When you sign-up for the Discover it card, you can earn a $50 statement credit after your 1st purchase. Plus, you’ll get the cash back you earn with the card doubled at the end of your 1st 12 billing cycles.
This deal was open to current cardholders as well. But if you didn’t already call to register, time’s run out!
Other perks include:
- 5% cash back (on up to $1,500 in spending) in rotating categories each quarter
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
How You Can Save 30%!
You can earn 5% cash back (on up to $1,500 in spending) at department stores like Sears, Kmart, and Macy’s. And you can also earn 10% back at all 3 though the Discover Deals shopping portal.
So you’ll earn 15% cash back (5% cash back quarterly bonus + 10% cash back shopping portal bonus), which will be doubled at the end of your 1st card year, for a total of 30% cash back!
This is a fantastic deal when you combine with any sales these stores are already having!
However, you will have to wait a while to enjoy the cash back from this deal. It could take 8 weeks before you receive the cash back you earn from shopping portals.
And your cash back won’t be doubled until after your 1st 12 billing cycles.
Don’t Have a Discover It Card?
You can still earn cash back at Sears, Kmart, & Macy’s by purchasing gift cards to those stores at office supply stores and supermarkets with cards that earn bonus points like:
- SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express – 5% cash back at US office supply stores
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 6% cash back at US supermarkets for up to $6,000 per year; then 1%
- Chase Ink Bold, Ink Plus, Ink Cash – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% cash back) at office supply stores
Then go through a shopping portal to earn more bonus points!
You can earn 5% cash back (on up to $1,500 in spending) with the Discover it card at department stores including Sears, Kmart, and Macy’s this quarter.
And you’ll earn another 10% cash back through the Discover Deals shopping portal. Plus, Discover it will double your cash back at the end of your 1st 12 billing cycles.
You can stack all of these deals to earn a total of 30% cash back on clothing, food, jewelry, tools, and more!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!