Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
A friend or family member can join you at the movies for free tonight and on Fridays through August 21, 2015.
So if you plan to go to the movies tonight, you can get an easy free ticket!
I’ll show you how to get your free ticket!
Get Your Free Movie Ticket
Here’s how you can get your free movie ticket:
- Go to Fandango and find a movie (using this link only)
- Add 2 movie tickets to your cart
- Pay with your Visa Signature card (It says “Signature” under the card’s Visa logo)
- The lowest priced ticket is free (up to $19.50)
This deal is good for purchases on Friday for Friday showings through August 21, 2015.
And if you have a Chase Visa Signature card, you can also purchase your Friday tickets on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Tickets are limited, so this may help you get in on the deal before it’s sold out.
Other Important Terms
- Offer only good while supplies last
- Maximum value of free ticket is $19.50
- Limit of 1 free ticket per card, every 30 days
- Limit of 1 registration per email address (regardless of card number) per 7-day period
- Can NOT be combined with other coupons or discounts
Despite the restrictions it’s easy to get a free ticket more than once if you have more than 1 Visa Signature card and email address.
How to Tell If You Have a Visa Signature Card
If your card says “Visa Signature” under the Visa emblem, then it qualifies for this deal. Examples of Visa Signature cards include:
You can also enter your Visa credit card number at the Fandango site to see if it’s eligible.
More Ways You Can Save!
If you don’t have a Visa Signature card, you can still save on your next night at the movies by purchasing movie theater gift cards at office supply stores and supermarkets with cards such as:
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 6% cash back at US supermarkets up to $6,000 per year; then 1%. Terms apply.
- Chase Ink Bold, Ink Plus, Ink Cash – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% cash back) at office supply stores
Or save time by skipping the grocery or office supply stores and paying with your Citi Prestige or Citi ThankYou Premier, which earns 2X Citi ThankYou points on entertainment including movie theaters.
When you buy 1 movie ticket (up to $19.50) at Fandango with this link with your Visa Signature card, you’ll get a 2nd ticket free!
This deal is good for Friday showings through August 21, 2015.
I love earning cash back and points on activities I plan on doing anyway!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!