Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Are you an Amazon Prime member?
Or you can sign-up for Amazon Prime before then and be eligible for what Amazon is saying will be similar to Black Friday.
Let’s take a look at what you can expect on Prime Day!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Sign-Up for Amazon Prime
Link: Prime Day
With Amazon Prime you get free 2-day shipping on qualifying purchases and free streaming of select movies and TV shows. Membership costs $99 per year and $49 per year for students.
And on July 15, 2015, Amazon Prime members can get discounts on lots of items. The sale starts at 12:00 am Pacific Time, with new deals throughout the day.
We’ll have to wait to see how much you can actually save!
How You Can Save Even More at Amazon!
Go Through a Shopping Portal
Update: You can currently earn up to 6.6% cash back in some Amazon categories when you shop through TopCashBack!
Use the Right Card
You can also save by paying with a card that earns bonus points or cash back!
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores (and US cellphone service). Office supply stores like Staples carry Amazon gift cards. Terms apply.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 6% cash back at supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in spending each year; then 1%), which often sell Amazon gift cards. Terms apply.
- Chase Freedom – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% cash back) at gas stations (and Kohl’s), when you activate, on up to $1,500 on spending through September 30, 2015. And some gas stations carry Amazon gift cards.
- Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Ink Cash – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% cash back) at office supply stores. Office supply stores like Staples carry Amazon gift cards.
- Discover it – 5% cash back at Amazon on up to $1,500 in spending, through September 30, 2015. New cardholders and current holders who already signed-up for this promotion will get their cash back doubled at the end of their 1st 12 billing cycles for an effective 10% cash back
Amazon Prime members get free 2-day shipping on qualifying purchases as well as select streaming movies, TV shows, and books.
And now they have their own day, Prime Day on July 15, 2015, where they can get exclusive discounts!
You can add to the savings by going through a shopping portal and paying with a card that will give you bonus points!
I’m looking forward to seeing how much you can save! Let me know if you find any amazing deals!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!