Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: The card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Last week, the Bank of America Alaska Airlines card brought back the increased sign-up bonus. And now, via One Mile at a Time they’ve added a new benefit!
Cardholders and up to 6 friends or family members traveling on the same reservation will now get their 1st checked bag free on Alaska Airlines.
We don’t earn a commission on this card, but we always tell you about the best deals!
Find out all the details on this new perk!
What’s the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Card?
Link: Bank of America Alaska Airlines Card
With the Bank of America Alaska Airlines card, you’ll earn 25,000 miles when you’re approved for the card (no minimum spending requirement).
You can also check out my post on 10 ways to use Alaska Airlines miles.
Plus, you’ll earn a $100 statement credit when you spend $1,000 on purchases within the 1st 90 days of opening your account. This more than makes up for the $75 annual fee that’s NOT waived the 1st year.
Other benefits include:
- 3 Alaska Airlines miles per $1 you spend on Alaska Airlines
- 1 Alaska Airlines mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- A coach Companion Fare certificate each year (your companion travels with you on a paid ticket for $99 plus tax)
And Now There’s a New Perk!
When you fly Alaska Airlines, you and up to 6 people on your reservation will get your 1st checked bag free with the Bank of America Alaska Airlines card.
- Active within ~2 to ~3 weeks after you’re approved for the Bank of America Alaska Airlines card
- Your Alaska Airlines number must be on the reservation when you check-in
- Good for you and up to 6 travel companions on the same reservation
- Only 1 free checked bag per cardholder on Group Rate bookings
- Can NOT be applied retroactively
- You do NOT have to pay for your flight with your card to qualify
Along with the increased sign-up bonus on the Bank of America Alaska Airlines card, you will now also get your 1st checked bag free.
This benefit can save you and up to 6 travel companions $25 each on 1-way flights and $50 round-trip on Alaska Airlines!
Emily and I don’t earn a commission on this card, but we always tell you about the best offers!