Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: The card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
I wrote about the increased 50,000 mile offer on the Chase United Explorer card, which ended June 2, 2015.
Folks who sign-up for the card now get the regular offer, which is 30,000 United Airlines miles after completing minimum spending requirements.
But do NOT use my link for the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card! Because if you make a test booking on United.com, you should see a BETTER offer for 30,000 miles plus a $50 statement credit!
Emily and I do NOT receive a commission for this deal, but we’ll always tell you about the best ways to earn airline miles!
What’s the Deal?
With the standard offer on the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card, you’ll earn 30,000 United Airlines miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
But by making a test booking on the United Airlines website, you’ll see an offer for 30,000 United Airlines miles PLUS a $50 statement credit when you make your 1st purchase.
Just search for any flight and on the next screen you’ll see an ad for the better offer. Click on the ad for details and to apply.
With this card, you’ll also get:
- 2 United Airlines miles per $1 you spend on United Airlines
- 5,000 bonus miles when you add an authorized user and make a purchase within the 1st 3 months
- 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 in purchases on your card each year
- 2 United Club passes per year
- 1st checked bag free when you use your card to pay for your ticket & priority boarding
- Access to more available award seats
- NO foreign transaction fees
The $95 annual fee is waived the 1st year.
What Can You Do With 30,000 United Airlines Miles?
I wouldn’t rush to apply for this card because the better 50,000 mile offer usually comes around a couple times a year.
That said, if you’d like the miles now, here’s what you can get with 30,000 United Airlines miles:
- A round-trip coach ticket within the US and Canada (excluding Hawaii and Alaska) with 5,000 miles left over
- A 1-way Business Class ticket within North America (excluding Hawaii and Alaska) with 5,000 miles left over
- A 1-way coach ticket to Hawaii with 7,500 miles left over
The sign-up bonus on the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card is back to the usual offer of 30,000 miles after you complete the minimum spending requirement.
But do NOT use my link! There’s a better offer which includes a $50 statement credit after your 1st purchase!
To get the improved offer, search for any flight on the United Airlines website. An ad for the card should appear.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission for this offer. But we’ll always share the best deals with our readers!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!