Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
With the new Citi AT&T Access More card, you can earn a $650 statement credit towards a new cell phone (with NO contract).
To get the credit, spend $2,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission for this card, but we’ll always tell you about the best offers!
Plus, you’ll earn 3X Citi ThankYou points at retail and travel websites.
Find out if you should (or should NOT) consider this new card!
The New Citi AT&T Access More Card
Link: Citi AT&T Access More Card
Sign-up for the Citi AT&T Access More card and spend $2,000 within the 1st 3 months of opening your account. Then when you use your card to purchase a NO contract phone (through a special link), you’ll receive a statement credit of up to $650 to cover the cost of your phone.
Other perks include:
- 3X Citi ThankYou points at AT&T, online retailers, and travel sites
- 1X Citi ThankYou point on everything else
- 10,000 Citi ThankYou points on your card anniversary each year when you spend $10,000 on your card
The $95 annual fee is NOT waived. And there’s a 3% foreign transaction fee, so I wouldn’t use this card overseas.
Is This a Good Deal?
Statement Credit for a No-Contract Phone
I prefer to apply for cards with mile and point sign-up bonuses I can use towards Big Travel.
That said, a statement credit worth as much as $650 could be a great deal for folks who want a new phone.
Note: You must set up AT&T service and keep it for at least 15 days to get the statement credit
3X Points at Retail and Travel Websites
What’s most interesting to me, is you can earn 3X Citi ThankYou points at online retailers and travel sites.
Citi defines retail websites as:
Websites that sell goods directly to the consumer through an online website and include department store websites, specialty store websites, warehouse store websites and boutique websites
And travel websites are defined as:
Websites that allow you to book travel and include online travel agencies, hotel websites and airline websites
I’ll let you know as soon as we have more details!
There Are Lots of Other Great Citi Card Offers!
While this card sounds interesting, there are so many other fantastic Citi cards available right now. And Citi limits folks to 1 card application per day and 2 cards within 65 days.
I’d much rather use my 2 applications for Citi cards with improved sign-up bonuses:
- Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve – 2 weekend nights at Hilton when you complete the minimum spending and $100 statement credit when you spend $100 or more on your 1st Hilton stay within 3 months of opening your account
- Citi Prestige – 50,000 Citi ThankYou Points (worth $800 in airfare on American Airlines) when you complete the minimum spending and a $250 statement credit per calendar year for other flights
- Citi ThankYou Premier –50,000 Citi ThankYou Points worth up to $625 in airfare when you complete the minimum spending
You can earn a new no-contract cell phone (worth up to $650) with the new Citi AT&T Access More card. To earn the statement credit towards a new phone, spend $2,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
This is a unique sign-up bonus, and it might be a good deal for folks who want a new phone.
We don’t earn a commission from this card, but Emily and I will always share the best deals with our readers!
You’ll also earn 3X Citi ThankYou points at AT&T, retail websites, and travel websites. This bonus category may make this card very interesting. But we don’t know if sites like Amazon qualify yet.
However, Citi limits folks to 2 card applications within 65 days. And I’d rather earn a sign-up bonus that I can use towards Big Travel from cards like the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve, Citi Prestige, or Citi ThankYou Premier.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!