Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: The 20% discount only applies to rides paid for in US dollars.
Update: New Uber users now only get their 1st ride (up to $20) free when they sign-up with their Capital One Quicksilver card.
Capital One debit or credit cardholders who are new to Uber can get 2 free rides (up to $30 each).
Find out how this deal works. And I’ll show you other ways you can save, even if you are NOT a Capital One Quicksilver cardholder!
How to Save on Uber With Capital One Quicksilver
Link: Capital One Quicksilver
Here’s how you save money with Uber and Capital One.
New Users Get 2 Free Uber Rides (Up to $30 Each)
If you’re new to Uber, you can get 2 free Uber rides worth up to $30 each with your Capital One debit or credit card.
Sign-up for Uber with your Capital One debit or credit card. Then enter promotional code “RIDIN20” by April 30, 2016, and pay with your card.
The 2 free rides are good through April 30, 2016.
Your Capital One card must be issued in the US to get the free rides.
Corporate and private label cards do are NOT eligible. Also, UberTaxi does NOT qualify. And the free trips are only good for Uber rides within the US.
Save 20% on Uber for a Year!
This deal is good through April 30, 2016!
Note: You do NOT have to be a new Uber member to save 20%!
Update: It seems that Uber and Capital One disagree on the terms! As Million Miles Secrets reader Andy points out, Capital One says the discount only applies to rides paid for with US dollars. But when I posted, Uber’s page stated, “…Uber riders to get 20% back as a statement credit on every Uber ride through April 2016 when they pay with Quicksilver from Capital One. The offer applies globally in more than 300 cities where Uber operates.” So please let me know if you get the statement credit while overseas!
For folks who frequently use Uber and don’t already have the Capital One Quicksilver card, this may be a good time to sign-up! With this card you also get:
- $100 cash bonus when you spend $500 on purchases within 1st 3 months of opening your account
- 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
So you’ll get 1.5% cash back on the full value of your fare, plus a 20% statement credit when you use Uber!
Emily and I do not earn commission on this card, but we always tell you about the best deals!
Other Ways to Save on Uber
There are still lots of ways to save on your next Uber ride, even if you are NOT a Capital One Quicksilver cardholder including:
- Sign-up with our link (New users only) – Get a free Uber ride (up to $20)
- AMEX Membership Rewards – Earn 2 points per $1 spent on Uber or use American Express Membership Rewards points for free rides
- Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge – Get a free Uber ride (up to $25) with the Uber app
- Starwood – Earn 1 Starwood point per $1 spent on Uber and up to 4 Starwood points per $1 spent when use Uber while you’re staying at a Starwood hotel
You can now save on rides with Uber with the Capital One cards!
New Uber users can get 2 free rides (up to $30). To get the free rides, sign-up for Uber with your Capital One debit or credit card, enter promotional code “RIDIN20” by April 30, 2016, and pay with your card.
You must use your 2 free rides by April 30, 2016.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!