Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Although Club Carlson announced last week that the free night perk would no longer be available for hotels booked after May 31, 2015, this hotel chain still has some great promotions!
With this new deal, you can earn 3X points on paid stays at Club Carlson hotels through June 28, 2015. You’ll also get 1,000 bonus points for stays booked through the Club Carlson iPhone or Android mobile apps.
I’ll show you how it works!
Club Carlson Triple Points Time
You usually earn 20 Club Carlson points per $1 spent at Club Carlson hotels. This promotion triples that, so you’ll earn 60X points at Club Carlson hotels!
Points + cash stays do NOT count towards this promotion. And you have to register before you check-out to earn the bonus points!
Club Carlson Cardholders Will Earn Even More!
Folks who have the US Bank Club Carlson card will earn another 10X Club Carlson points for a total of 70 points per dollar spent! And you get Club Carlson Gold elite status with this card, which will give you a 35% point bonus.
Other card perks include:
- 85,000 Club Carlson points when you spend $2,500 on purchases within the 1st 90 days of opening your account
- 5X Club Carlson points per $1 spent on everything else
- 40,000 Club Carlson point annual bonus when you renew your card
- Free night for each stay of 2 or more consecutive award nights (must book by June 1, 2015, and then this benefit goes away!)
The $75 annual fee is NOT waived.
Is the Triple Points Time Promotion a Good Deal?
Let’s take a look at how the points can add up!
If you stay 3 nights at a Club Carlson hotel that costs $150 per night, you’ll earn:
- 27,000 Club Carlson points ($450 for 3 nights x 60 points per dollar)
- 1,000 points for booking through the mobile app
For a total of 28,000 Club Carlson points. That’s enough for 1 night in a category 3 Club Carlson hotel.
So this is a good deal!
And this an especially great deal for US Bank Club Carlson cardholders who will earn even more points! Here’s how many points cardholders will earn on the same 3-night stay at a $150 per night hotel:
- 31,500 Club Carlson points ($450 for 3 nights x 70 points per dollar)
- 1,000 Club Carlson points for booking through the mobile app
- 3,150 Club Carlson points for Gold elite status (you get Gold status with the Club Carlson card and it earns a 35% bonus which is 7 points per $1 spent)
(Thanks to reader Without Bacon for catching my previous math error!)
That’s a total of 34,650 Club Carlson points! That’s enough points for 2 nights at Category 2 hotel such as the Radisson Blu Beke Hotel in Budapest, Hungary, which costs ~$79 per night.
And it’s nearly enough for 1 night at a category 4 hotel.
Or if you earn just a few more points you would have enough for 1 night in a category 5 hotel.
Combine This With Other Club Carlson Promotions!
You should be able to combine this deal with other current Club Carlson promotions such as:
- Earn 10,000 bonus points each night you stay at a Club Carlson hotel in the US, Canada, Mexico, South America and the Caribbean when you book the MEGA points rate and enter promotional code “MEGAPTS”
- Club Carlson is offering cardholders 30,000 points when they book their next stay with the US Bank Club Carlson card by August 31, 2015.
You can earn 3X points on paid stays at Club Carlson hotels through June 28, 2015. To get the bonus points, register for this promotion before check-out.
With this promotion you can earn 60X Club Carlson points. And US Bank Club Carlson cardholders will earn 70X Club Carlson points. You’ll also earn 1,000 bonus points on each stay when you book through the iPhone or Android mobile app.
And it gets even better if you can combine this with other current promotions like the 30,000 points for Club Carlson cardholders when you book a stay by August 31, 2015.
This is a terrific deal for folks who have plans to stay in places where there’s a Club Carlson hotel!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!