Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Daily Getaways is a promotion offered every year by the US Travel Association. For 5 weeks, they’ll have a different daily deal with discounts on hotels like Hyatt, IHG, and Club Carlson, car rental certificates from Alamo, and attractions like Universal Studios Hollywood.
Let’s see which deals are worth waiting for in week three!
How Does It Work?
Link: Daily Getaways 2015
Until April 24, 2015, a new deal will be available on the Daily Getaways website each weekday at 1:00 pm Eastern Time.
Note the start time! There are limited numbers of discounts available, and once they’ve sold out, the deal is done! In the past, some offers have ended within a few minutes.
You can NOT buy a deal until the date and time they are offered.
Note: Last year, they offered 10% discount when you used your American Express card. They’re not offering the extra discount this year. 🙁
Deals for Week 3: April 6 to April 10, 2015
1. April 6, 2015: Avis Car Rental Discounts
You can get a certificate for a 1-day Avis car rental in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands for only $30 through Daily Getaways.
The certificates are valid for rentals up to “premium” cars. Specialty cars and “Cool Cars” are excluded, as are rentals in the New York metropolitan area. There are also blackout dates, and 24-hour advanced reservation is required.
You can use up to 7 certificates per rental. Taxes and surcharges must be paid separately.
I’d shop around before buying these certificates, because there are lots of other ways to save money on car rentals. And you have to book directly through Avis.
If you’re a very frequent Avis renter, you may also be interested in purchasing an Avis Chairman’s Club Membership for $1,115 from Daily Getaways. Usually, membership in Avis Chairman’s Club is by invitation only.
Chairman’s Club members get:
- The best car available when you rent an intermediate level vehicle or higher (excludes Cool Cars)
- Return valet service at large airports
- Guaranteed car without reservations
- Gas at discounted rates
- Car delivery within 25 miles of Avis rental station
You’d have to rent a lot of Avis cars to make this worth your while!
2. April 7, 2015 – Discount Stays at Omni Hotels and Resorts
There are 4 different packages available for discounted stays at Omni Hotels and Resorts. Each package includes only specific hotels, so read the fine print before you buy to ensure the hotel you want is included!
You could get:
- 1 weekend night (Friday or Saturday) for $238 at a resort such as the Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa
- 2 weekend nights (Friday or Saturday check-in) for $338 at a premier hotel. An example is the Omni Chicago Hotel.
- 2 weekend nights (Friday or Saturday check-in) for $245 at a boutique hotel like the Omni Royal Crescent Hotel in New Orleans
- 2 weekend nights (Friday or Saturday check-in) for $162 at a hotel like the Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Before you buy any of these deals, check the paid rate at the Omni hotel you’re interested in. You won’t always save money!
For example, through Daily Getaways, 1 weekend night at the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia costs $238 including taxes. But when I searched, I found a Best Available Rate for ~$242 including taxes and resort fee!
And keep in mind there are blackout dates (which vary depending on hotel) and a 14-day advance reservation requirement with the Daily Getaways certificate. In this case, it’s NOT worth it.
3. April 8, 2015 – Discount Stays at Loews Hotels and Resorts
You can choose 1 of 5 packages for stays at certain Loews Hotels and Resorts. And some of the deals are for luxury suites!
Here are the available packages:
- 2 nights in an Grand Ocean Front Balcony Suite for $1,000 at the Loews Miami Beach
- 2 nights in a suite for $1,000 at the Loews Regency Hotel in New York
- 2 nights in an Ocean View Suite for $950 at the Loews Santa Monica
- 2 nights at a 4-Diamond Loews Resort for $325, like the Loews Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando
- 2 nights at a Luxury Loews Hotel for $275, such as the Loews Hotel Vogue in Montreal, Canada
I checked the regular price for 2 nights in a Grand Ocean Front Balcony Suite at the Loews Miami Beach in July 2015. You’d pay ~$2,800 booking directly through the hotel. But you’ll only pay $1,000 total through Daily Getaways.
That’s definitely not Big Travel with Small Money, but if you would have treated yourself to a suite anyway, it’s a good deal.
Again, before you buy any of these packages, check the paid rate at the hotel you’d like to stay at. It might not always be cheaper!
4. April 9, 2015 – Discount Stays at MGM Resorts in Las Vegas
If you didn’t jump on the Las Vegas deals in week 2, here’s another chance to get a discount vacation package in Las Vegas at 5 MGM Resorts! There are only a few of each package available.
You can choose from:
- 3 nights in a 1-bedroom Sky View Suite at Mandalay Bay (plus show tickets, dinners, and spa treatments for 2) for $1,525
- 2 nights in a suite at New York New York (plus show tickets and dinner for 2) for $475
- 3 nights in a Mirage Suite at The Mirage (plus show tickets, dinners, and massages for 2) for $1,780
- 4 nights in a Contemporary Room at Excalibur (plus show tickets and a $400 dining credit) for $475
- 2 nights in a Penthouse Suite at HOTEL32 (plus show tickets and dinner for 2) for $1,050
Read the fine print on each deal for other perks and information about blackout dates.
It’s hard to gauge exactly how good a value each of these deals are, because show tickets and dinners have variable pricing.
But to compare, 3 nights in a Sky View Suite at Mandalay Bay (without any of the extras) costs ~$1,403 in July 2015. With Daily Getaways, you’ll get the same 3 nights plus show tickets, 2 dinners, limousine airport transfers, and spa treatments for $1,525.
Sounds like a good splurge to me!
5. April 10, 2015 – Discount Hyatt Points
This deal will definitely not last long because there are less than 200 packages available! You can buy Hyatt points for as little as ~1.04 cents per point with Daily Getaways in the following increments:
- 24,000 Hyatt points for $260 (~1.08 cents per point)
- 30,000 Hyatt points for $330 (1.1 cents per point)
- 40,000 Hyatt points for $415 (~1.04 cents per point)
- 72,000 Hyatt points for $775 (~1.08 cents per point)
Normally, Hyatt sells points for 2.4 cents each. So this is a fantastic discount (and a great way to get expensive rooms at a fraction of the cost!).
For example, the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa is a category 7 hotel and costs 30,000 points per night. If you paid cash for a night here, you’d pay over $1,500 per night!
But if you bought 30,000 points with the Daily Getaways deal, you’d pay $330, or only 22% of the cost of a paid room. This is an amazing value.
This deal will NOT last! I hope you have fast fingers!
Depending on the promotion, you could save a lot of money with Daily Getaways week 3 travel deals!
Folks who are looking for Las Vegas stays, cheap car rentals, and luxury hotels might do well with this week’s offers. And the discounted Hyatt points are a great bargain.
But always compare the regular paid rate for the package you want to be sure you’re actually getting a discount.
Last year, the best deals sold out fast. So it pays to plan ahead and be ready to buy when these offers go live at 1:00 pm Eastern Time each day.
How will you make the most of Daily Getaways week 3 discounts?