Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Folks who want to save money on luxury Las Vegas stays, hotel points, and attractions could get some good deals during the 2nd week of Daily Getaways.
Daily Getaways is a promotion offered every year by the US Travel Association. For 5 weeks, they’ll have a different daily deal with discounts on hotels like Hyatt, IHG, and Club Carlson, car rental certificates from Alamo, and attractions like Universal Studios Hollywood.
Let’s preview next week’s Daily Getaways and see where the best deals are!
How Does It Work?
Link: Daily Getaways 2015
Until April 24, 2015, a new deal will be available on the Daily Getaways website each weekday at 1:00 pm Eastern Time.
Take note of the start time! There are a limited number of deals, and it’s 1st-come, 1st-serve. In the past, some offers have sold out within a couple of minutes.
You can NOT buy a deal until the date and time they are offered.
Note: Last year, they offered a 10% discount when you used your American Express card. But the discount is NOT available this time.
Deals for Week 2: March 30 to April 3, 2015
1. March 30, 2015: Discount Best Western Hotel Points
If you’re a budget traveler and enjoy Best Western hotels, you might do well by purchasing discounted Best Western hotel points.
With this deal, you can get 10,000 Best Western points for $55, or 0.55 cents each. You can buy up to 5 sets of points (50,000 points total).
Normally, Best Western sells points for 1 cent each, so this is a 45% discount.
For example, you could buy 20,000 points for $110 (2 x $55). And use them for a 1-night stay at the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
A paid night at this hotel costs ~$195 including tax. So by using points purchased through Daily Getaways, you’d save ~$85.
But do the math for other Best Western hotels, because often their paid rooms are very cheap! It might not be worth it to use points in some cases, even at a discount.
2. March 31, 2015: Las Vegas Hotels (The Palazzo and The Venetian)
Have you always wanted to splurge on a fancy Las Vegas hotel? Here’s your chance to do it for less!
You could get:
- A 2-night stay in a Siena suite at The Palazzo, Las Vegas for $608
- A 2-night stay in a Piazza suite at The Venetian, Las Vegas for $495
I checked the prices for a 2-night stay in July at both hotels, in the same type of suite offered through the deal. If you paid cash, it would cost:
- ~$1,028 for a 2-night stay in a Siena Suite at The Palazzo
- ~$588 for a 2-night stay in a Piazza Suite at The Venetian
So while you’ll save money on both hotels, the better discount is at The Palazzo!
Note: Read the terms & conditions of each deal carefully. There are lots of blackout dates!
3. April 1, 2015: Las Vegas and Atlantic City Luxury Hotel Packages
Folks looking for the high-roller experience should consider these Caesars Hotel deals. Some of them include dinners, show tickets, champagne, and limousines!
You could get:
- 2 nights at The Cromwell, including a $100 breakfast dining credit, champagne, and limousine for $590
- 3 nights in a suite at Caesars Palace, including a $200 dining credit, show tickets, and limousine for $1,400
- 2 nights at Paris Las Vegas including dinner for 2 and spa treatments for $350
- 2 nights at The LINQ Hotel & Casino, including show tickets, champagne, and limousine for $350
- 2 nights at Bally’s, including show tickets, buffet tickets, champagne, and limousine for $315
- 2 nights at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City, including dinner for 2, champagne, and limousine for $650
I checked the prices just for accommodations at each of these hotels, in the same room type. I did NOT consider pricing for extras, like meals, show tickets, champagne, or limousines.
For the same number of nights at each hotel, you’d normally pay:
- ~$607 for a 2-night stay in a Luxury King Room at The Cromwell
- ~$1,163 for a 3-night stay in a Suite at Caesar’s Palace
- ~$391 for a 2-night stay in a Red Room Premier at Paris Las Vegas
- ~$122 for a 2-night stay in a Deluxe King Room at The LINQ Hotels & Casino
- ~$240 for a 2-night stay in a Jubilee King Room at Bally’s
- ~$488 for a 2-night stay in a Bayview Premium Room at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City
Of these, the best deals seem to be The Cromwell and Paris Las Vegas. That’s because you’ll pay less for a Daily Getaways package (including meals and extras) than you would just for accommodations at the hotel!
Check the fine print on each deal, because there are blackout dates.
As always, do the math before you buy to see if the deal makes sense for you.
4. April 2, 2015: Universal Studios Hollywood Tickets
You can get four 2-day tickets to Universal Studios in Hollywood, California, for $313 through Daily Getaways.
I checked the Universal Studios Hollywood website, and standard paid adult tickets cost $109 each. So 4 tickets cost $436.
You’d save $123 by buying tickets through Daily Getaways. That’s not a bad savings!
Keep in mind, there are lots of other ways to save money at Universal Studios Hollywood.
You could even use American Express Membership Rewards points for Universal Studios Hollywood tickets (if you really didn’t want to pay cash). But that’s a very poor use of points!
You’ll get much better value by transferring AMEX points to airline and hotel partners.
5. April 3, 2015: Discounted Choice Hotel Points
Here’s a great deal for folks who like using Choice Hotel points for expensive European hotel stays. Or for those who need an extra few thousand points for the Southwest Companion Pass!
You can buy Choice Hotel points for as low as 0.4 cents per point with Daily Getaways, in the following increments:
- 20,000 Choice Hotel points for $90 (0.45 cents per point)
- 32,000 Choice Hotel points for $132 (0.41 cents per point)
- 36,000 Choice Hotel points for $155 (0.43 cents per point)
- 40,000 Choice Hotel points for $160 (0.4 cents per point)
Normally, Choice sells their points for 1.1 cents each, so this is an excellent deal.
You could buy 20,000 Choice points for $90 and use them for 2 nights at the Clarion Hotel Stockholm in July. If you paid cash, 2 nights would cost 2,680 Swedish krona, or ~$308.
You’d save ~$218, or pay the equivalent of only $45 per night!
Folks who need extra points for the Southwest Companion Pass can transfer 6,000 Choice Hotel points into 1,800 Southwest points. With the Southwest Companion Pass, your companion flies with you for almost free on both paid and award tickets.
At 0.4 cents per point, 6,000 Choice Hotel points cost $24 (6,000 points x 0.4 cents per point). But remember you can only buy points in the increments mentioned previously.
This is a very inexpensive way to buy extra points that count towards the Southwest Companion Pass!
The 2nd week of Daily Getaways travel deals start March 30, 2015.
You could save money on Best Western stays, Las Vegas luxury hotels and packages, Universal Studios Hollywood tickets, and Choice Hotel points.
Remember, deals often sell out fast. Make sure you do the math before you buy, because even though you’ll usually get a bargain, sometimes it’s not worth it. And don’t forget to set a calendar alert for the deals you want.
Next up – a preview of week 3!
Will you try to grab any of these deals?