Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: The IHG Rewards Club credit card offer in this post is no longer available, but check Hot Deals for the latest offers!
Via Running With Miles, you can get 70,000 IHG points when you spend $1,000 on purchases with the IHG card within the 1st 3 months of opening your account. And you get 2,000 IHG points just for applying!
Emily and I don’t earn a commission for this card but I’ll always tell you about the best offers!
72,000 IHG Points IHG Rewards Club
Link: 72,000 IHG Points IHG Rewards Club
You can get 70,000 IHG points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of account opening with the IHG Rewards Club card. And 2,000 IHG points for applying!
Previously, the best public offer I saw was for 70,000 IHG points.
With this card you get:
- Free Platinum elite status (free upgrades, priority check-in, and elite rollover nights)
- Free night at any IHG hotel worldwide every year on your card anniversary
- 5 IHG points for every $1 you spend at IHG hotels
- 2 IHG points per $1 you spend at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1 IHG point per $1 you spend on everything else
- 10% rebate on redeemed points (up to 100,000 IHG points a year)
- NO foreign transaction fee
The $49 annual fee is waived the 1st year!
But by keeping the card and paying the $49 each year you can stay at any IHG hotel. This includes the InterContinental Thalasso Bora Bora where you can stay in an overwater bungalow like Emily and I did for our 2nd honeymoon.
And you might qualify to get a 2nd sign-up bonus on the IHG Rewards Club card.
Is This a Good Deal?
With 72,000 IHG points you can stay 2 nights at the Candlewood Suites New York City – Times Square and have 2,000 IHG points to use later.
Some folks have received targeted offers for 80,000 IHG points so check your email!
You can get a 72,000 IHG point sign-up bonus on the IHG Rewards Club card.
With this card you get several perks like free Platinum status (free upgrades, priority check-in, and elite rollover nights).
Emily and I don’t earn a commission on this card offer but I’ll always post about the best deals!
But what I like most is the free night at any IHG hotel worldwide on each card anniversary!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!