Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Buy $250+ in Visa Gift Cards Get $20 Back (Free Money!)
Frequent Miler writes, you can make money and earn points on Visa gift cards at Staples (in-store only) next week! Buy $250 or more in Visa Gift cards and you’ll get a $20 rebate (1 per household)! That’s more than enough to cover the ~$7 in activation fees per card.
However, Staples gift cards tend to sell out quickly!
Which cards will give you the most points at Staples?
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores
- Chase Ink Bold (no longer available) – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% back) at office supply stores
- Chase Ink Cash – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% back) at office supply stores
- Chase Ink Plus – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% back) at office supply stores
So if you buy 2 $200 Visa gift cards, you’d pay ~$14 in fees. But you’d get back a $20 rebate, which gives you a profit of ~$6 ($20 rebate – ~$14 in fees).
Plus you’d earn ~$21 in cash back (~$414 in gift cards and fees X 5% cash back) or ~2,070 Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Staples sells Visa gift cards in several different denominations, so do the math to see which combination works best for you!
Note: This is a $20 rebate, so you’ll have to fill out forms and wait for Staples to mail your $20 gift card.
2. Get an Easy 1,000 Hilton Points!
As a security measure, all Hilton members will be required to change their password by April 1, 2015. But if you do this by March 25, 2015, you get some easy bonus points!
Here’s how to get the points:
- Log into your Hilton account
- Click “Go to My Account Page”
1,000 Hilton points may not seem like much, but this only takes a few minutes. And it will keep your Hilton points from expiring for another year!
3. Round-Trip From New York to Oslo, Norway, for $265!
This deal is good for travel from January 1, 2016, to February 28, 2016. To book your flight, just go the to Norwegian Air Low Fare Calendar.
I found several flights on sale between January 22, 2016, and February 9, 2016, for 252 euros (~$265).
This is a great deal! But keep in mind, these flights are on Norwegian Air, which charges lots of fees! And you won’t earn any miles that you can use with major airlines.
Remember to pay with cards that earn bonus points for flights such as:
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold (3X American Express Membership Rewards points on tickets booked directly with airlines)
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus (2.1% back on $100+ travel purchases)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel)
4. 2X to 4X Airline Miles for Wyndham Hotel Stays
Frequent Flyer Bonuses writes, you can earn 2X to 4X airline miles for stays at certain Wyndham hotels. This deal is good for arrivals though May 29, 2015. And you must complete your stay by June 5, 2015.
To earn the bonus points book your stay directly through Wyndham at the qualified rate.
How many bonus miles you earn depends on which airline you choose. Select 1 airline to earn bonus miles with:
- AeroMexico – 2X miles on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd weekday stays (excludes Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays)
- Air Canada – 2X miles on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd weekday stays (excludes Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays)
- Alaska Airlines – 2X miles on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd weekday stays (excludes Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays)
- American Airlines – 2X miles on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd weekday stays (excludes Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays)
- Hawaiian Airlines – 2X miles on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd weekday stays (excludes Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays)
- Southwest – 2X miles on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd weekday stays (excludes Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays)
- United Airlines – 4X miles on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stays at Hawthorne Suites, Wingate, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Earn bonus miles on up to 4 stays with up to 3 rooms per stay
Be sure to change your profile to earn miles instead of points for your stays! Register by using the links above or by calling 1-866-996-7937.