Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. JetBlue Spring Sale (Ends Today!)
JetBlue is having a sale on spring flights. The sale is for travel through May 20, 2015, but I’m finding some discount fares extending into summer and even fall!
You must book by the earlier of 11:59 pm Eastern Time or local time TONIGHT! Many of the best deals are for travel on Tuesday and Wednesday only. However, some fares include Saturdays and Sundays too, so you may be able to find a nice weekend getaway here!
Many folks like to fly JetBlue because they don’t charge for your 1st checked bag. But this could be changing soon, so keep this in mind when you book your flight!
Here’s a look at a few interesting deals on 1-way flights:
- Jacksonville to Washington, DC – $59
- San Juan to St. Maarten (includes a few Saturdays in May) – $59
- Fort Lauderdale to Nassau, Bahamas (includes some weekends!) – $83
- Boston to Washington, DC (includes some weekends!) – $76
Check out the full list of routes on sale to see if there is a flight that will work for you! Don’t see a deal that fits your travel needs? Remember to take a look at the Southwest sale (book by February 26, 2015).
Important Terms & Conditions:
- 14 day advance purchase required
- Black out dates for travel to New York City and Washington, DC – March 31, 2015, to April 8, 2015
- Black out dates for travel to Boston – April 21, 2015, and April 22, 2015
2. Frontier Airlines Sale $49 1-Way Flights
Frontier Airlines is also having a sale on airfare! To get a cheap flight, book by February 26, 2015, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time! This sale is for flights Mondays through Thursdays only.
There are some good deals on 1-way flights including:
But keep in mind, Frontier charges lots of fees! They even charge for carry-on bags! So this may only be a good deal for folks who can pack light.
Important Terms & Conditions:
- Travel March 3, 2015, to March 18, 2015, or April 14, 2015, to May 20, 2015
- Nonstop flights only
3. Double or Triple La Quinta Points (Ends Next Thursday!)
Check-in by March 5, 2015, (next Thursday) to earn double or triple points at certain La Quinta hotels. This is a good deal for folks who already have plans for a hotel stay in 1 of the participating locations.
Remember, you can also save 5% at La Quinta hotels through Visa SavingsEdge when you pay with an enrolled Visa business card such as:
- Chase Ink Plus – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on stays booked directly through the hotel
- Chase Ink Cash
- US Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards
4. Did You Take a Paid Flight Between the US and Asia or Oceania?
Via Maximizing Money, if you took at least 1 paid flight between January 1, 2000, and today, you may be entitled to receive money from a settlement fund. The lawsuit alleges the airlines involved agreed to fix airline ticket prices.
You can submit your claim online. However, the specific dollar amount you may be entitled to has not yet been determined. The earliest deadline to file is September 19, 2015, but you’ll have until 120 days after the settlement is final and effective.
Airlines included in the settlement are:
- Air France
- Cathay Pacific
- Japan Airlines
- Malaysian Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Vietnam Airlines
There’s still a lawsuit against Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, China Airlines, EVA Airways, and Philippine Airlines, but a settlement has not been reached.
It will be nice if folks can get some money from this, but keep in mind these settlements can take years!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!