Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Do you want to fly on a chartered plane filled with like-minded miles and points junkies? Tickets for the Star MegaDo 6 go on sale at noon Central Standard Time today!
Star MegaDo is a chartered Scandinavian Airlines 737-800 flight from Stockholm to Toulouse, France, to London on May 11, 2015, to May 13, 2015. Folks will get to attend exclusive events and tours. You can find more information on the MegaDo website.
In the past, this event has sold out within minutes!
Keep reading to find out how you can be part of it!
Star MegaDo 6 Tickets on Sale
Like previous MegaDos you’ll spend more time socializing than sleeping. And this time the theme is “Rise of the Vikings (and the plastic plane).” I hope we won’t be robbing villages because my bow tie might get dirty!
The organizers promise lots of Viking-themed surprises (but not turkey drumsticks onboard the flight or village robbing in Toulouse!).
Star MegaDo 6 events will include:
- Exclusive tour of the A350 final assembly line
- Behind-the-scenes tour of T2, The Queens Terminal at London Heathrow airport and meet Mark Schwab, President and CEO of Star Alliance
- A day with Scandinavian Airlines seeing their new Business Class and refurbished planes while learning about their loyalty program – SAS Eurobonus
- Top tier Concierge elite status with Club Carlson (for attendees staying at the host hotels)
Tickets for the MegaDo are expensive:
- Economy $999 (free meals and open bar)
- Exit row $1,499 (blocked middle seat, free meals, and open bar)
- Business class $1,799 (priority boarding, blocked middle seat, free meals, open bar with Champagne and premium drinks)
What’s Not Included
Your hotels in Stockholm and London are NOT included. But discounted hotel rates are available:
- Radisson Blu SkyCity Arlanda in Stockholm for ~$120
- The May Fair in London for ~$385 (or The Park Plaza Victoria for ~$230)
You have to stay at the host hotels to get Club Carlson Concierge status. But you can share a room and everyone will get Concierge status.
2. Transatlantic Flights
Star MegaDo 6 prices do NOT include the transatlantic flights to get to Stockholm and come back from London.
The organizers are working on a transatlantic group rate. But you can get there on your own using miles, points, or paying cash (gasp).
The MegaDos sell out within minutes. So I would NOT wait to book a ticket.
If you’re unsure of your plans, you can transfer your seat to someone for $50, or cancel your reservation for $150.
Note: Cancellations have to be requested 45 days or more before departure.
The Star MegaDo 6 is a miles and points junkie dream event from Stockholm, to Toulouse, France, to London from May 11, 2015, to May 13, 2015.
Prices include your flight but do NOT include hotels or the transatlantic flight before and after the Star MegaDo 6.
However, tickets usually sell out in minutes so get yours quickly!
And it’s easy transfer your ticket ($50 fee) or cancel ($150 fee).
I went on the Star MegaDo 3 and it was an experience I’ll never forget.