Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Last Chance to Win up to $400 in Hyatt Gift Cards
Just answer the following questions in the comments section of his post by February 13, 2015, (today) at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time:
- Have you attended a Frequent Traveler University in the past?
- If Yes, what topics have you most enjoyed learning about?
- If No, what topics would you most like to learn about or discuss at a FTU?
Update: I see some folks are responding here. Again, this contest is happening at One Mile at a Time. So please post your responses there for a chance to win!
I hope you win!
2. Another Great Deal From Club Carlson (Ends Today!)
You can save 25% when you book select Club Carlson hotels in the US, Canada, South America, and the Caribbean, by tonight at 11:59 pm Central Standard Time. Your stay must be completed by February 28, 2015, to get the discount.
Similar to the 30% off sale from last week, you can also earn a lot of Club Carlson points for your discounted stay! That’s because you should be able to combine this deal with the Extend Your Stay, Earn 30K Promotion.
Plus you’ll earn regular points from the stay, and 10X points, if you pay with the Club Carlson Premier Rewards card. Cardholders will also get their last night free when they stay 2 nights or more!
Check the full list of participating hotels to see if there’s 1 that fits into your travel plans.
3. New Benefits for Hyatt Diamond Members
- Family & Friends Enjoy Your Perks – Book a free night for them and they will get in-hotel benefits such as club access and free breakfast, starting March 1, 2015.
- 2 Free United Airlines Club Passes – Each year you’ll 2 free day passes to United Airlines clubs, starting March 1, 2015.
- Faster Wi-Fi – Higher internet speeds (where available), Starting February 14, 2015 (tomorrow).
I’m happy to see benefits being added to a rewards program!
4. Some Southwest Award Flights Will Soon Cost More
Unfortunately, we don’t know which flights are going to cost more or how much more! I’ll let you know as soon as we get more details!
5. Earn Bonus Miles on Marriott Stays
You can earn 2,500 airline miles (up to 50,000 miles) for every 2nd stay at Marriott hotels. Register by March 31, 2015, and complete your stays by April 30, 2015.
Note: To register for this promotion, go into your account profile and make sure your earning preference is set to miles.
I’d rather earn 50,000 Marriott points or more the easy way, by signing-up for a card such as Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card or Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card.
That said, this might be a nice bonus for folks who already have plans for 2 or more stays at Marriott hotels.