Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: This offer is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Via Doctor of Credit, you can get 70,000 Marriott points after spending $2,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
That’s enough for 9 nights at a Category 1 Marriott hotel or 1 night at a luxury Ritz-Carlton!
If you’re a 1st-time cardholder, you’ll also get a free night in a Category 1 to 4 Marriott upon approval. And everyone receives another free night in a Category 1 to 5 Marriott on their account anniversary.
The sign-up bonus on this card is usually 50,000 Marriott points plus a free night, so this is a better deal!
Emily and I don’t earn a commission from this card, but because of the mother-in-law rule, we always tell you about the best offers even when they don’t earn us a commission.
Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Card
Link: 70,000 Marriott Points and up to 2 Free Nights with Chase Marriott Rewards Premier card
You can get 70,000 Marriott points after you spend $2,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
The $85 annual fee is waived for the 1st year.
You also get:
- 1 free night in a Category 1 to 4 hotel when you’re approved (1st-time cardholders only)
- 1 free night in a Category 1 to 5 hotel on your card anniversary each year
- 5 Marriott points per $1 you spend at Marriott
- 2 Marriott points per $1 you spend on car rentals, airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, and restaurants
- 1 Marriott point per $1 you spend on everything else
- NO foreign transaction fees
- 15 nights credit towards elite status which gives you Silver status (late check-out) and could help you get bumped up to the next elite level
- 1 night elite credit for every $3,000 spent
Note: Free night certificates could take 6 to 8 weeks after approval to appear in your account. Although in my experience it only takes 1 to 2 weeks. But they expire 12 months from the issue date.
Recently only Marriott elite members could get this offer. And similar offer was available to everyone last summer, but it didn’t last very long. So I expect this offer will expire quickly!
Is This a Good Deal?
You could get Big Travel with Small Money with 70,000 Marriott points!
Or you could stay 9 nights at the TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake.
The 15 free night credit (Silver status, good for discounts & late check-out) could help you reach Gold or Platinum (free breakfast, lounge access, and room upgrades).
You’ll pay the $85 annual fee in the 2nd year. But it could be worth it with the free night at a Category 1 to 5 Marriott.
You can get a 70,000 Marriott point sign-up bonus from the Marriott Rewards Premier card after you spend $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account.
Emily and I don’t get a commission from this offer, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals we find!
You could use 70,000 Marriott points to treat yourself to 1 night at a fancy Ritz-Carlton hotel, or stay multiple nights in lower category Marriott hotels.
What are you going to do with 70,000 Marriott points?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!