Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Those changes are now confirmed and take effect today, January 30, 2015.
You’ll now be able to choose your 3X points category. Previously, you’d earn 3 points per $1 you spend on flights purchased directly from airlines.
What’s the Deal?
Link: The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
As of today, you’ll earn 3 AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 you spend on 1 of the following categories that YOU choose:
- Flights purchased directly from airlines
- US advertising in select media
- Shipping purchased in the US
- US gas stations
- Buying directly from US locations of certain computer hardware, software, and cloud computing stores
This is a great way for folks to get the most points from their purchases, depending on their spending habits.
And you’ll earn 2 points per $1 you spend in the categories you don’t choose. You’ll get the extra points on a maximum of $100,000 in spending per year, per category.
The 3X category you pick will stay in effect until the end of the year. Then, you can pick a new category for 2016.
The updates to the The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN card take effect today, January 30, 2015.
You can now choose 1 of 5 categories to earn 3 points per $1 you spend. Previously, you’d only earn 3X points on airfare purchased directly from airlines.
Which category did you choose to earn 3X points?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!