Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Daraius and I used our miles and points to have a fabulous honeymoon in Bora Bora.
We heard that the Maldives Islands rivaled the beauty and splendor of Bora Bora, so we planned a trip to decide for ourselves!
The Maldives is known for its luxury resorts, and most resorts have their own private island. There are beautiful white sand beaches and crystal clear blue water. The islands also have fantastic snorkeling and scuba diving!
We booked 5 nights using Hilton points at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island. The Conrad Maldives Rangali Island is a 30-minute seaplane ride from Male, the capital of the Maldives. We booked this trip to make the most of our Hilton points before the Hilton devaluation last year.
Our $27,000 Vacation to the Maldives for ~$4,300 & How You Can Do It Too Index:
- Part 1 – Introduction & Planning
- Part 2 – Flights from US to India
- Part 3 – Flights from India to the Maldives
- Part 4 – Conrad Airport Lounge and Seaplane Ride
- Part 5 – The Grounds of the Conrad Rangali Island Hotel (Conrad Rangali Island Base Room)
- Part 6 – A ~$1,300 per Night Beach Villa for Free
- Part 7 – Saving ~88% on a $3,000 per Night Overwater Bungalow
- Part 8 – Activities at the Conrad Maldives
- Part 9 – Breakfast in the Maldives
- Part 10 – Cheap Food
- Part 11 – Dining Under the Sea
- Part 12 – An Afternoon in Male
- Part 13 – Male Airport and Plaza Premium Lounge
- Part 14 – Conclusion & Blog Giveaway
The Maldives are located in the Indian Ocean, just south of India. Getting to the Maldives is a long journey, but the trip is definitely worth it! Daraius and I have been to many beach destinations such as Bora Bora, Maui, and Kauai on miles and points, but the Maldives tops them all!
Traveling to the Maldives is also very expensive, but you can do it for much less than the retail cost! This trip would have cost us ~$27,000, but we only paid ~$4,300!!
During this trip, I had the most incredible snorkeling experience with tons of colorful coral and fish within arms reach. We also had an unforgettable lunch at the Underwater Restaurant.
However, the best part was sharing this vacation with our families! Seeing them so happy made this trip a huge success!
Now it’s giveaway time! Two lucky readers will receive 1 of 2 prize packs:
Gift Pack #1
- Elephant Pen Holder
- Red Maldives Vase
- Men’s Fish T-Shirt
- Kids’ Pencil Set
- Maldives Luggage Tag
- Women’s Pearl Earrings
- Maldives Magnet
Gift Pack #2
- Maldives Coaster Set
- Kids’ Maldives Hat
- Men’s Necklace
- Maldives Luggage Tag
- Women’s Coin Purse
- Maldives Magnet
How to Enter
1. Leave a Comment
You can enter by leaving ONE comment telling me about your dream destination. I’ll pick 1 commenter who will win Gift Pack #1 after the drawing closes at 9:00 pm Central Time on Saturday, January 17, 2015 (today).
Follow Million Mile Secrets on twitter, and tweet once to @MilMileSecrets telling me about your dream destination. You have to follow @MilMileSecrets to be eligible.
Don’t forget to include the hashtag “#MMSMaldivesGiveaway”
I’ll pick a tweeter who will win Gift Pack #2 after the drawing closes at 9:00 pm Central Time on Saturday, January 17, 2015 (today).
Fine Print: I make the final determinations for the giveaway and there’s no appeal in the Million Mile Court. I’m not receiving compensation and I’m giving away 2 Gift Packs, so please don’t make this hard for me!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another trip report!