Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: This offer is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
That’s enough for 9 nights at a Category 1 Marriott hotel or 1 night a luxury Ritz-Carlton!
First-time cardholders will also get a free night in a Category 1 to 4 Marriott when your card is approved. And everyone receives another free night in a Category 1 to 5 Marriott on their account anniversary.
Normally, the sign-up bonus on this card is 50,000 points plus a free night, so this is a better deal for folks with elite status!
Emily and I don’t earn a commission from this card, but we’ll always tell you about better offers when we find them!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Marriott Rewards Premier 70,000 Point Offer
Only folks with elite status are eligible for the increased sign-up bonus. You’ll get 70,000 points after you spend $2,000 in purchases in the 1st 3 months. And the annual fee of $85 is waived for the 1st year.
You’ll also get:
- 1 free night in a Category 1 to 4 hotel when you’re approved (1st-time cardholders only)
- 1 free night in a Category 1 to 5 hotel on your card anniversary each year
- 5 points per $1 you spend at Marriott
- 2 points per $1 you spend on car rentals, airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, and restaurants
- 1 point per $1 you spend on everything else
- NO foreign transaction fees
- 15 nights credit towards elite status (which could help you get bumped up to the next elite level)
Note: Free night certificates could take 6 to 8 weeks after approval to appear in your account, although in my experience it only takes a week or two. And they expire 6 months from the issue date.
A similar offer was available to everyone last summer, but it didn’t last very long.
Is This a Good Deal?
You could get a lot of Big Travel with Small Money with 70,000 Marriott points!
Or you could stretch your points by booking lower category Marriott hotels, which start at 7,500 points per night.
If you’re already a Marriott elite, the 15 free night credit toward elite status could help you achieve a higher status level, like Gold or Platinum (free breakfast, lounge access, room upgrades, and other perks).
And if you keep the card, you’ll be charged an $85 annual fee. But
You could use 70,000 points to treat yourself to a night at a top-tier Ritz-Carlton hotels, or make the points last by booking lower category Marriott hotels.
What would you do with 70,000 Marriott points?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!