Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Free Wi-Fi at Hyatt, No Strings (or Cables) Attached!
You get free internet when you stay at Hyatt House and Hyatt Place hotels.
And starting February 2015, you get free Wi-Fi at all Hyatt hotels. And you get free Wi-Fi on all your devices with no limits!
Hyatt hotels include:
- Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt House
- Hyatt Place
- Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva
- Park Hyatt
To get free Wi-Fi, you do NOT have be a Hyatt member (unlike Marriott and Starwood), or have elite status (unlike Hilton) to get free Wi-Fi.
But you should sign-up for Hyatt’s loyalty program because it’s free and there’s no obligation.
Free Internet at These Hotel Chains
Free internet is offered at many hotel chains. But in many cases you have to belong to the hotel loyalty program. (Free sign-up.)
- Best Western (all guests)
- Choice (all guests)
- Club Carlson (must be a Club Carlson member)
- Hilton (starting later in 2015, must be a Hilton HHonors member and book through Hilton)
- Hyatt (all guests beginning February 2015)
- IHG (must be an IHG member)
- Marriott (all Marriott members who book through their stays through Marriott beginning January 15, 2015)
- Ritz-Carlton (all Ritz-Carlton members who book their stays through Marriott/Ritz-Carlton beginning January 15, 2015)
- Starwood (all Starwood members who book their stays online with Starwood or on the Starwood app beginning February 2, 2015)
Hyatt knows folks want to pay less. So they didn’t follow Marriott and Starwood’s lead of requiring that you book through them.
Hilton Still Requires Elite Status for Premium Wi-Fi
Hilton Diamond elite guests will get free premium Wi-Fi starting in the 2nd quarter of 2015. Gold elite members will continue to receive free standard Wi-Fi.
And from August 2015, Blue and Silver members will also receive free standard Wi-Fi, as long as they book their stay directly with Hilton (online, over the phone, via their app, or with the hotel) or with a travel agent that books through an official Hilton channel.
Folks with the American Express Hilton HHonors Surpass and Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve cards get Gold elite status. Now that all members get free internet (if they book through Hilton), the biggest perk of having Gold status is the free breakfast!
You get free Wi-Fi at all Hyatt hotels beginning February 2015 regardless of how you book your hotel.
Does the Wi-Fi policy influence your hotel decision?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 16,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!