Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: The American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Personal), American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Business), and American Express Platinum Delta credit card offers in this post are no longer available, but check the Hot Deals for the latest offers!
If you’ve been considering the limited time 50,000 mile sign-up offer on the American Express Delta SkyMiles cards, today is the last day to apply!
You’ll get 50,000 miles after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new card in the 1st 3 months with the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Personal), American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Business), and American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles cards.
What’s the Deal?
Link: American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Personal)
Link: American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Business)
Link: American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles
All 3 of the American Express Delta SkyMiles cards have an increased sign-up bonus of 50,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in the 1st 3 months. This is a great deal, because normally the bonus is only 30,000 miles.
- 50,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in new purchases in the 1st 3 months
- A statement credit after your 1st Delta purchase in the 1st 3 months ($50 statement credit for Gold, $100 for Platinum)
- 1st checked bag free
- Double miles on Delta purchases
- 20% discount on in-flight purchases
- Priority boarding
- Pay With Miles
- Discount on Delta SkyClub lounge passes
- No foreign transaction fees
The Gold Delta SkyMiles personal and business cards also get you:
- Annual fee of $95 waived for the 1st year
- American Express OPEN discounts (business version only)
And only the Platinum Delta SkyMiles card offers:
- 15,000 elite-qualifying miles as part of the sign-up bonus
- Up to 20,000 bonus miles and 20,000 elite-qualifying miles if you’re a big spender
- Yearly companion certificate
- But the annual fee of $195 is NOT waived for the 1st year
For a side-by-side comparison of all 3 cards, you can read my post on how to decide which card is right for you.
Where Can You Go?
Link: Delta Award Charts
50,000 miles can get you to a lot of places! For example:
- 2 round-trip coach class tickets to anywhere in the continental US, Alaska, and Canada for 50,000 miles
- A round-trip coach class ticket to Hawaii for 45,000 miles
- A round-trip coach class ticket to the Caribbean, Mexico, or Central America for 35,000 miles
- A round-trip Business Class or First Class ticket to anywhere in the continental US, Alaska, and Canada for 50,000 miles
And after January 1, 2015 (when Delta starts allowing 1-way award tickets), you could get:
- A 1-way coach class ticket to Africa for 40,000 miles
- A 1-way coach class ticket to Middle East or South Asian Subcontinent for 42,500 miles
- A 1-way coach class ticket to Southwest Pacific for 50,000 miles
- A 1-way coach class ticket to Southeast Asia (such as Thailand or Malaysia) for 40,000 miles
But it’s not just about the increased bonus! These cards have some very good perks, including priority boarding, a free 1st checked bag, and in-flight discounts.
Not Just for the Bonus
If you’re thinking about applying for the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles cards (personal or business), here’s a list of the top 10 benefits of the cards.
You’ll get more benefits from the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles card, like a yearly companion certificate and elite-qualifying miles. Read these posts if you’re not sure the $195 annual fee is worth it, or if the companion certificate is a good deal.
And if you’re wondering if you can get the business version of the card if you already have the personal card, you certainly can! That’s because they’re considered different card products.
Today is the last day to apply for the limited time 50,000 mile sign-up offer on the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Personal), American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Business), and American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles cards.
Normally these cards only have a sign-up bonus of 30,000 miles, so this is a good deal.
These cards have a lot of great benefits, and 50,000 miles can get you a lot of Big Travel with Small Money!
You could use the miles for tickets within North America, or to Hawaii, Africa, or even Asia!
Where will you go with your 50,000 Delta miles?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 16,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!