Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
You can get up to a 40% bonus when you buy points from Hyatt through August 18, 2014.
Hyatt Up to 40% Buy Points Promotion
You can buy up to 55,000 Hyatt points. The bonus depends on how many Hyatt points you buy:
- 5,000 to 19,000 Hyatt points – get 20% bonus Hyatt points
- 20,000 to 39,000 Hyatt points – get 30% bonus Hyatt points
- 40,000 to 55,000 Hyatt points – get 40% bonus Hyatt points
If you buy the maximum amount, you’ll pay $1,320. And you’ll get 77,000 Hyatt points total, so you’re paying ~1.7 cents per point ($1,320 to buy Hyatt points / 77,000 Hyatt points).
Hyatt normally sells points for 2.4 cents per point so you’re saving ~.7 cents per point off the regular price (2.4 cents per point cost – ~1.7 cents per point promotion cost).
Is This a Good Deal?
77,000 Hyatt points could get you a lot of Big Travel with Small Money! But is it worth it to buy Hyatt points?
You could get:
- 2 nights at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome (with 17,000 Hyatt points left over)
- 3 nights at the Hyatt Regency Maui (with 17,000 Hyatt points left over)
- 6 nights at the Hyatt Place Charlotte (with 5,000 Hyatt points left over)
Two nights at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome for the nights of November 7, 2014, to November 9, 2014, would cost ~$1,728 advance purchased booked on the Hyatt website and Kayak.
So you would save ~$408 if you bought Hyatt points (~$1,728 advance purchase cash price – $1,320 cost to buy 77,000 Hyatt points).
For 6 nights at the Hyatt Place Charlotte Downtown, you would pay ~$1,113 advance purchase booked on the Hyatt website or ~$1,103 advance purchase booking through Kayak.
So you would save $217 booking with cash instead of buying Hyatt points ($1,320 cost to buy 77,000 Hyatt points – $1,103 advance purchase cash price).
Points + Cash
If you combine buying points with a Points + Cash award, you could save a lot of money.
Using Points + Cash you could get:
- 5 nights at the Park Hyatt Zurich (with 2,000 Hyatt points left over)
- 10 nights at the Hyatt Regency Maui (with 7,000 Hyatt points left over)
- 10 nights at the Park Hyatt Goa (with 2,000 Hyatt points left over)
Hyatt points purchases are processed through Points.com, so this does NOT count as a travel purchase.
So you won’t get 2X extra points on travel purchases if you use the Chase Sapphire Preferred as you would if the Hyatt points were purchased directly through Hyatt.
You can buy up to 55,000 Hyatt points through this offer. And get a 22,000 Hyatt point bonus So you’ll pay $1,320 for 77,000 Hyatt points.
You save some money off the regular price of buying Hyatt points, but it depends on where you’re staying!
But if you are short of points or use Hyatt Points + Cash, it could be worth it to you to buy points. But you should do what’s best for you.
And remember, there are lots of other ways to earn Hyatt points!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 16,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!