Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Southwest is sending out targeted emails offering double Southwest points and sale fares on flights booked by August 14, 2014. So check your inbox!
How to Register
Here’s how to sign-up for double points and Southwest sale fares:
Step 1 – Check Your Email
This is a targeted offer, so in order to register you must receive the email.
Step 2 – Click the “Register Now” Button
Click the “Register Now” button. Then enter your name and Southwest frequent flyer number.
Step 3 – Book Qualifying Flights
You will see a long list of fine print under the registration page.
Double Point Terms & Conditions
You will earn double points on base points only. So you will get 12 points per dollar on Business Select, 10 points per dollar on Anytime fares, and 6 points per dollar on Wanna Get Away fares.
Here’s a quick look at the terms & restrictions for earning double points:
- Register by August 14, 2014
- Must register before travel to receive the double points
- Flights must be booked through Southwest
- Flight must be between August 25, 2014 and December 17, 2014
- Bonus points do NOT count towards A-list status or the Companion Pass
- Receive bonus points 4 days after travel is complete
Sale Fare Terms & Conditions
Sale fares are NOT valid Fridays and Sundays. Here are some of the other terms & conditions:
- Book by August 14, 2014
- Travel August 25, 2014, to December 17, 2014
- Blackout dates: November 25, 2014, to November 26, 2014, and November 29, 2014, to December 1, 2014
- Non-refundable, but may be issued as credit towards another flight if cancelled 10 minutes before departure
- See terms for additional travel date restrictions based upon your departure and destination cities
Check your email to see if you received a targeted offer from Southwest to earn double base points on flights and sale fares.
It’s nice to earn double points, but keep in mind that the extra points will NOT count towards the Southwest Companion Pass.
There are lots of restrictions and blackout dates on the sale fares. So you will NOT be able to take advantage of this for weekend or holidays trips. If you expect to take another Southwest trip in the future, it may be worth booking now because you can cancel up to 10 minutes for departure and still get credit towards another flight.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 16,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!