Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, Citibank and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Emily Jablon: Daraius and I went to Europe in September to celebrate our 2nd anniversary for ~2 weeks. It was my first time in Italy so I was very excited! In Italy, we visited Varenna on Lake Como, Milan, Venice, and Rome.
Since we were in Europe, we visited a friend in Strasbourg, France and also spent a night in Zurich. We started our trip with a one day layover in Chicago to see friends!
Our Anniversary To Italy – Trip Report Index:
- Part 1 – Planning & Introduction
- Part 2 – Park Hyatt, Chicago
- Part 3 – One Day in Chicago
- Part 4 – Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
- Part 5 – Virgin Atlantic Revivals Lounge, London
- Part 6 – Under the Channel to Strasbourg
- Part 7 – Hotel Cathedrale, Strasbourg
- Part 8 – What did we do in Strasbourg
- Part 9 – Eating in Strasbourg
- Part 10 – Park Hyatt, Zurich
- Part 11 – 10 Hours in Zurich
- Part 12 – Hotel Eremo Gaudio in Varenna, Italy
- Part 13 – What to do in Varenna, Italy
- Part 14 – Eating in Varenna, Italy
- Part 15 – Park Hyatt, Milan
- Part 16 – What Did We Do in Milan
- Part 17 – Eating in Milan
- Part 18 – Hilton Molino Stucky, Venice
- Part 19 – Around the Hilton Molino Stucky & Free Shuttle Boat Details
- Part 20 – What we did in Venice
- Part 21 – Eating in Venice
- Part 22 – Waldorf-Astoria, Rome Cavalieri
- Part 23 – Eating in Rome, Part 1
- Part 24 – Emily’s Best Meal Was in Italy!
- Part 25 – Rome Cavalieri Imperial Floor
- Part 26 – Activities in Rome
- Part 27 – Activities in Rome – Where to Go, What to See, How to Save Time
- Part 28 – Virgin Atlantic Flight from Europe to US
- Part 29 – Conclusion & Blog Giveaway
Conclusion and Blog Giveaway
Daraius and I had a wonderful time in Italy and were happy to use our miles and points for the flights and some hotels, which saved lots of money!
I couldn’t have asked for a better anniversary trip! We took a water taxi through the Venetian canals, climbed to the top of the dome at St. Peter’s Basilica, rode bikes around the Villa Borghese Gardens, and had some great meals! I even got Daraius to dance with me in the streets of Rome!
Now to the fun part – let’s give away 3 gift packs:
Gift Pack #1
- Set of Murrina Glass Earrings
- Coliseum Men’s T-shirt
- Latin Words Sticker Book
- Coliseum Shopping Bag
- Virgin Atlantic Model Plane
Gift Pack #2
- Men’s Ferrari Cap
- Ladies’ Murrina Glass Necklace
- “Everyday Life in Imperial Rome” Book
- One Chicago Ladies’ T-shirt
- Virgin Atlantic Kids’ Construction Set
- Rome Travel Case
Gift Pack #3
- Virgin Atlantic Model Plane
- Ferrari Water Bottle
- “I love Rome” Ladies’ T-shirt
- “Kid’s Guide to Rome” Book
- Fiat 500 Travel Case
How to Enter
1. Leave a Comment
You can enter by leaving ONE comment on which city in Italy you’d most like to visit. I’ll pick 2 commenters who will win the 1st 2 prize packs after the drawing closes at 8:59 pm Central Time on Saturday, February 22, 2014 (today).
Follow Million Mile Secrets on twitter, and tweet once to @MilMileSecrets telling me which city in Italy you’d most like to visit. You have to follow @MilMileSecrets to be eligible.
Don’t forget to include the hashtag “#MMSITGiveaway”
I’ll pick a tweeter who wins the 3rd prize pack above after the drawing closes at 8:59 pm Central Time on Saturday, February 22, 2014 (today).
Fine Print: You have to comment by 8:59 pm Central Time on February 22, 2014 (today). I make all the decisions regarding the giveaway and there is no appeal.