Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express and Citi are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Emily Jablon: Daraius and I went to Europe in September to celebrate our 2nd anniversary for ~2 weeks. It was my first time in Italy so I was very excited! In Italy, we visited Varenna on Lake Como, Milan, Venice, and Rome.
Since we were in Europe, we visited a friend in Strasbourg, France and also spent a night in Zurich. We started our trip with a one day layover in Chicago to see friends!
Our Anniversary To Italy – Trip Report Index:
- Part 1 – Planning & Introduction
- Part 2 – Park Hyatt, Chicago
- Part 3 – One Day in Chicago
- Part 4 – Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
- Part 5 – Virgin Atlantic Revivals Lounge, London
- Part 6 – Under the Channel to Strasbourg
- Part 7 – Hotel Cathedrale, Strasbourg
- Part 8 – What did we do in Strasbourg
- Part 9 – Eating in Strasbourg
- Part 10 – Park Hyatt, Zurich
- Part 11 – 10 Hours in Zurich
- Part 12 – Hotel Eremo Gaudio in Varenna, Italy
- Part 13 – What to do in Varenna, Italy
- Part 14 – Eating in Varenna, Italy
- Part 15 – Park Hyatt, Milan
- Part 16 – What Did We Do in Milan
- Part 17 – Eating in Milan
- Part 18 – Hilton Molino Stucky, Venice
- Part 19 – Around the Hilton Molino Stucky & Free Shuttle Boat Details
- Part 20 – What we did in Venice
- Part 21 – Eating in Venice
- Part 22 – Waldorf-Astoria, Rome Cavalieri
- Part 23 – Eating in Rome, Part 1
- Part 24 – Emily’s Best Meal Was in Italy!
- Part 25 – Rome Cavalieri Imperial Floor
- Part 26 – Activities in Rome
- Part 27 – Activities in Rome – Where to Go, What to See, How to Save Time
- Part 28 – Virgin Atlantic Flight from Europe to US
- Part 29 – Conclusion & Blog Giveaway
How You Can Do It too!
1. Hyatt Credit Card
You get 2 free nights valid at any Hyatt hotel once you complete the minimum spending on the Hyatt credit card. You can use these free nights at ANY Hyatt hotel in the world.
You have to call Hyatt to book these free nights. You can book a room as long as the hotel has standard rooms available for booking at Hyatt.com. So you can check availability for yourself before calling Hyatt.
2. Ultimate Rewards Points
Chase Ultimate Rewards Points from the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Bold & Ink Plus transfer in a 1:1 ratio to Hyatt hotels.
You can also transfer your Ultimate Rewards points from the Chase Freedom to the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Ink Bold or Ink Plus. And from there to Hyatt hotel points.
It costs 30,000 Hyatt points for 1 night at the Park Hyatt in Milan since this is a top category 7 Hyatt hotel. Or you could pay 15,000 Hyatt points and $300 for 1 night using the Points & Cash option.
You can book a standard room using your points at Hyatt.com.
Park Hyatt, Milan
We took the train from Varenna to Milan. You can’t buy train tickets at the small train station in Varenna. But you can buy them at the bar in the town square!
Before you get on the train, don’t forget to validate your ticket by inserting them in the machines on the platform!
It was only an hour trip from Varenna to Milan, and we were in Milan before we knew it!
There were lots of taxis outside of the Milan train station, so we got into a taxi because we had a lot of luggage.
The taxi fares were posted on the window of the taxi.
We arrived at the Park Hyatt in about 15 minutes.
The Park Hyatt’s location is excellent, as the hotel is near most of the tourist sites and the main shopping streets in Milan.
The Duomo di Milano (Milan Cathedral) was less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel!
The hotel concierge gave us a map that listed all the interesting sites nearby and circled the location of the hotel on the map in red.
We walked to our room, and I immediately noticed the high ceilings and the mirrors.
Here’s a video of our room.
The room was very sleekly decorated.
There are mirrors in each room to give it the added drama and effect.
There were also romantic, glass lights placed throughout the rooms to add warmth and luxury.
I loved everything about the room and it’s the nicest Park Hyatt we have stayed in. To me, the Park Hyatt Milan was nicer than the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris where he had our honeymoon!
The bathroom was equally luxurious.
There was a separate glass shower and bathtub.
And there were double sinks…
with high end amenities from Laura Tonatto.
There was plenty of storage, too.
The room was set up with a bottle of prosecco, flowers, and fresh fruit for our anniversary!
We really enjoyed our stay at the Park Hyatt Milan because of its beautiful room, excellent location, and courteous staff.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 14,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another trip report!