Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, Citibank and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Emily: I loved our trip to the Dominican Republic and visiting Santo Domingo, Bayahibe, and Bavaro. The friendly people, delicious food, historic sites, and beautiful beaches make it a top destination for me!
Kristen: The Dominican Republic was a refreshing change of pace and place. The timelessness of each destination, the demeanor of the people, and the good times had will remain with me for a while to come.
Emily’s Birthday Trip to the Dominican Republic Index:
- Trip to the Dominican Republic – Introduction and Planning
- Santo Domingo Hotel – Sofitel Nicolas de Ovando
- Activities in Santo Domingo – Zona Colonial and Latin Dancing
- Activities in Santo Domingo – Casa de Orientacion y Desarrollo Real (CODR)
- Eating in Santo Domingo
- Bayahibe – Isla Saona and Hotel Bayahibe
- Bavaro Hotel – Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
- Activities in and Around Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
- Eating in and Around Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
- Return Delta Flight from Punta Cana
- Conclusion and Blog Giveaway
Conclusion and Blog Giveaway
Thanks for patiently reading through the 11 part trip report! Here are some fun souvenirs from the Dominican Republic:
- One Dominican Republic beach bag, one kids puzzle, and one leather bracelet
- One ladies scarf, a Latin music CD, and a wooden turtle
- One Dominican Republic shoulder bag, a bottle of coconut oil, a baseball, and a wooden bowl
How To Enter:
1. Leave a Comment
You can enter by leaving ONE comment on what Caribbean island you’d most like to visit. I’ll pick 2 commenters who will win 2 of the 3 prizes after the drawing closes at 8:59 pm Central Time on Saturday, October 26, 2013 (today).
Follow Million Mile Secrets on twitter, and tweet once to @MilMileSecrets telling me which Caribbean island you’d most like to visit. Don’t forget to include the hashtag “#MMSDRGiveaway”
I’ll pick 1 tweeter who wins 1 of the 3 prizes after the drawing closes at 8:59 pm Central Time on Saturday, October 26, 2013 (today).
Fine Print: You have to comment by 8:59 pm Central Time on October 26, 2013 (today). I make all the decisions regarding the giveaway and there is no appeal.