Emily: I loved our trip to the Dominican Republic and visiting Santo Domingo, Bayahibe, and Bavaro. The friendly people, delicious food, historic sites, and beautiful beaches make it a top destination for me!
Kristen: The Dominican Republic was a refreshing change of pace and place. The timelessness of each destination, the demeanor of the people, and the good times had will remain with me for a while to come.
Emily’s Birthday Trip to the Dominican Republic Index:
- Trip to the Dominican Republic – Introduction and Planning
- Santo Domingo Hotel – Sofitel Nicolas de Ovando
- Activities in Santo Domingo – Zona Colonial and Latin Dancing
- Activities in Santo Domingo – Casa de Orientacion y Desarrollo Real (CODR)
- Eating in Santo Domingo
- Bayahibe – Isla Saona and Hotel Bayahibe
- Bavaro Hotel – Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
- Activities in and Around Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
- Eating in and Around Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
- Return Delta Flight from Punta Cana
- Conclusion and Blog Giveaway
Conclusion and Blog Giveaway
Thanks for patiently reading through the 11 part trip report! Here are some fun souvenirs from the Dominican Republic:
- One Dominican Republic beach bag, one kids puzzle, and one leather bracelet
- One ladies scarf, a Latin music CD, and a wooden turtle
- One Dominican Republic shoulder bag, a bottle of coconut oil, a baseball, and a wooden bowl
How To Enter:
1. Leave a Comment
You can enter by leaving ONE comment on what Caribbean island you’d most like to visit. I’ll pick 2 commenters who will win 2 of the 3 prizes after the drawing closes at 8:59 pm Central Time on Saturday, October 26, 2013 (today).
Follow Million Mile Secrets on twitter, and tweet once to @MilMileSecrets telling me which Caribbean island you’d most like to visit. Don’t forget to include the hashtag “#MMSDRGiveaway”
I’ll pick 1 tweeter who wins 1 of the 3 prizes after the drawing closes at 8:59 pm Central Time on Saturday, October 26, 2013 (today).
Fine Print: You have to comment by 8:59 pm Central Time on October 26, 2013 (today). I make all the decisions regarding the giveaway and there is no appeal.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 14,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another trip report!