Milepoint Premium Membership
Milepoint – the friendly frequent flyer message board – is selling premium Membership for ~$50.
Premium Membership gets you discounts and free elite status.
So this could be a great deal for folks who don’t want to apply for a credit card to get elite status or who subscribe to certain frequent flyer products.
1. Hilton Gold Elite Status
Link: Hilton Gold Elite Status
Hilton Gold status gets you free breakfast and internet when you stay at Hilton hotels. This is quite valuable – especially in Europe where breakfast and internet are costly. For example, you could save ~ $45 per day ($30 for breakfast for 2 and about $15 for internet).
The Hilton Gold Elite status from MilePoint premium membership lasts through February 2015.
You normally get Gold status after either:
- Completing 20 seperate stays
- Staying at Hilton hotels for 40 nights
- Earning 70,500 Hilton points from staying at Hilton hotels.
You can also get Hilton Gold status from the Citi Hilton Honors Reserve credit card which has a $95 annual fee.
If you live outside the US and don’t have an easy way to get Hilton Gold status, buying a MilePoint premium membership is an easy way to get Hilton Gold status.
2. 1,000 United Miles
Link: United Mileage Plus
You get 1,000 United miles which you can use to redeem for award seats.
While 1,000 miles isn’t a lot, it could be just enough extra miles to get you to that award seat.
There are other ways to get lots of United miles so I wouldn’t sign-up just for the 1,000 United miles unless you were interested in some of the other discounts and offers.
Here’s my series on using United miles.
3. 10% Off Hyatt Gift Cards
Link: Hyatt gift cards
You get a 10% discount on Hyatt gift card purchases.
But you are limited to a maximum purchase of $5,000 in gift cards when using the 10% discount.
You can use Hyatt gift cards at Hyatt hotels in the US, Canada, and Caribbean to pay for your room, meals, service fees, and other charges. You can’t use them anywhere else.
You won’t earn Hyatt points when you buy gift cards, but you will earn points for buying the gift cards with a credit card.
4. Free Airport Parking
Link: The Parking Spot
You get 1 day of free airport parking per visit at Parking Spot locations in the US.
So this could save you some money especially if you park for just a day or two.
5. Award Wallet Plus
Link: Award Wallet
You can get a free upgrade to Award Wallet Plus, an online tool to track and manage your miles.
Here’s my review of Award Wallet.
6. Expert Flyer
Link: Expert Flyer
You get a 20% discount on ExpertFlyer’s Premium Service.
ExpertFlyer lets you search for award seats, set alerts for award seats, and has other features to help with both paid and award seats.
Premium service costs $90 a year, but with the 20% discount you’d pay ~$72.
7. KVS Tool
Link: KVS Tool
You get a 10% discount on the KVS Tool.
The KVS Tool lets you search for award seats on different airlines. It is a very powerful tool, but doesn’t have the best user interface.
There are 3 levels of membership: Gold for $35, $Platinum for $60, and Diamond for $75.
8. National Executive Status
MilePoint premium gets you National car rental Executive status for one year.
It normally takes 12 rentals or 40 rental days per calendar year to earn National Executive status.
Executive status gets you:
- 1 free rental day after six rentals
- Guaranteed upgrades (you get one car-class upgrade from what you paid)
- You can choose from Fullsize or better cars in the Executive aisle
Here’s the complete list of benefits with your MilePoint premium membership.
Additional membership discounts include:
- Level 2 status with PointsHound (earns you 5 to 10 miles per $1 spent) + 1,000 miles as a first booking bonus
- Free online subscription to InsideFlyer
- Buy 1, get 1 free Trip Pass award planning from Award Nexus
- Free upgrade to UsingMiles Premium Membership
- Free Gold membership to WorldMate
- 25% discount on Frequent Flyer Master
- 25% discount on Lojack for laptops
- 15% discount on luggage forwarding
- 20% discount from ScottEvest
10% of the MilePoint premium membership fee goes towards 97 different Milepoint supported charities such as the ASPCA, Habitat For Humanity, Kiva, LIVESTRONG, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and The Wounded Warrior Project.
Purchasing Premium Membership gets you Gold elite status with Hilton, 1,000 United miles and additional benefits.
This could be a great deal for some, but do the math to make sure that it works out for you!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 14,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!