Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express and Citi are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. Citi American Airlines 50,000 Miles
50,000 Mile Bonus
You earn 50,000 American Airlines miles and 2 Admirals Club airport lounge passes after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of having the card. At 50,000 miles, this offer currently has the largest sign-up bonus of any publicly available airline credit card.
It is only 25,000 miles for a round-trip coach award in the US, 60,000 miles for a round-trip coach award to Europe or 50,000 miles for a 1-way award to Europe in business class, so the Citi American Airlines MasterCard is one of the easiest ways to have Big Travel with Small Money!
I also like these benefits of the card:
- First bag checked for free for you and up to 4 traveling companions
- Group 1 Boarding to give you extra time to board and prepare for your flight
- Earn back 10% of miles used for award travel, on an annual basis, up to 10,000 miles which makes up for the annual fee
The 10% rebate on redeemed miles is a great benefit, and I gladly pay the fee on the card to save 10,000 American Airlines miles each year.
This FlyerTalk thread discusses the other Citi American Airline card offers available.
2. Hyatt “Discover New Possibilities” Promotion
Hyatt has announced their next promotion, where you can earn up to 50,000 points for hotel stays between September 9, 2013 and November 30, 2013.
The more times you stay, the more points you earn for every 5 eligible nights:
- Stay 5 Nights – Earn 5,000 Bonus Points (5,000 Total)
- Stay 10 Nights – Earn 10,000 Bonus Points (15,000 Total)
- Stay 15 Nights – Earn 15,000 Bonus Points (30,000 Total)
- Stay 20 Nights – Earn 20,000 Bonus Points (50,000 Total)
Terms & Conditions
While registration will not start until September 9, 2013, you have to register, and registration ends on October 31, 2013.
Participating hotels include all Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House® hotels, Hyatt Residence Club™ hotels and resorts worldwide, and any participating M life resort in Las Vegas.
It may take 2 to 3 weeks for the bonus points to post to your account.
Hotels are increasingly occupied (so they don’t need to offer promotions to fill hotels), so I’m glad that Hyatt at least has a promotion this quarter. It may not be the most lucrative promotion, but something is better than nothing.
3. Will tripBAM Save You Money on Hotel Stays?
Via Points and Pixie Dust, you can use tripBAM to book a hotel stay and the tool will keep checking to see if the price has decreased. I haven’t tested this as yet, but it could be useful if it works as advertised!
You usually don’t earn points or elite status credit for hotel bookings via third-party sites, but it could be worth it to save cash!
How tripBAM Works
Like AutoSlash, tripBAM searches for the best rate possible based on your hotel preferences, up until you check-in:
You can search a specific hotel, an area you would like to stay, or even already have a reservation, and then tripBAM displays a cluster of similar hotels in the area.
Next, you select your preferences including how much you want tripBAM to beat your old rate by, rate type, and search cut-off date.
From there, tripBAM monitors hotels in your cluster to find the best rate, and will send you an email when a cheaper reservation is available. In addition, you can even choose to have it rebook your reservation if it find a better rate for you.
4. Starwood Offering Double Points per Stay with Take Two Promotion
Stays between September 1, 2013 and December 15, 2013 will earn two points per dollar spent on eligible stays, with no limit on points earned.
Also, members can earn an additional 2,500 points for every 5 nights, up to a maximum of 10,000 points after 20 nights:
- Stay 5 Nights – Earn 2,500 Bonus Points (2,500 Total)
- Stay 10 Nights – Earn 2,500 Bonus Points (5,000 Total)
- Stay 15 Nights – Earn 2,500 Bonus Points (7,500 Total)
- Stay 20 Nights – Earn 2,500 Bonus Points (10,000 Total)
Terms & Conditions
There are a number of hotels that are not participating, and you can find a list of excluded hotels here. I much prefer Hyatt’s promotions because they do not exclude many hotels.
Registration is required before October 31, 2013, and can be completed via this link.
PS: I’m on vacation until September 10, 2013, so won’t be able to get to the comments quickly.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 10,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!