Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. 35% Off Select Starwood Luxury Collection Hotels
Frugal Travel Guy writes that Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) has a 35% discount on award stays at seven of their Luxury Collection hotels, through March 1, 2014.
The seven Luxury Collection hotels participating are as follows:
- W Retreat and Spa Maldives – 58,500 Points (Was 90,000 Points)
- Le Méridien Bora Bora – 39,000 Points (Was 60,000 Points)
- Mystique, Santorini, Greece – 39,000 Points (Was 60,000 Points)
- Al Maha, Dubai, UAE – 39,000 Points (Was 60,000 Points)
- W Retreat, Koh Samui, Thailand – 26,000 Points (Was 40,000 Points)
- Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Koh Samui, Thailand – 26,000 Points (Was 40,000 Points)
- Pine Cliffs Residence, Albufeira, Portugal – 26,000 Points (Was 40,000Points)
The standard room in these hotels is a suite or villa, so Starwood charges you more points.
And as always, the 5th night of an award stay is free when you redeem Starwood points for 4 nights.
I compared the value of using points versus cash for a random date at the Le Méridien Bora Bora.
The cash rate was $880 per night!
You would be getting a value of 2.2 cents per point if you used Starwood points instead of cash ($880/39,000 points).
That said, most of these hotels aren’t worth the high price in points. Starwood hotel points are hard to come by, and are better used at mid-tier hotels.
If you’ve already booked at the higher price, you could cancel and rebook at the lower price.
So do the math before redeeming Starwood hotel points for these hotels. Just because something is on sale does not mean it is a good deal!
2. 1,000 United Miles Per Night with Hilton
Via LoyaltyLobby, Hilton is offering a bonus of 1,000 United miles per night for stays at Waldorf Astoria and Conrad hotels, through December 31, 2013.
Registration is required before your first stay. Also, you must book at a rate eligible for the promotion, and have selected United as your Double Dip earnings partner in your Hilton account
Fortunately, this promotion can be combined with other offers, and there does not appear to be a limit on the number of times you can receive this bonus. So this could be quite lucrative if you will have a large number of Waldorf Astoria or Conrad stays coming up.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 10,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!