Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Trip Report Index:
- Introduction and Planning
- Alaska Airlines First Class & Getting Locked Out of Our Car!
- Hyatt Regency Maui, Ocean Suite
- Hyatt Regency Maui
- Eating Around the Hyatt Regency Maui
- Activities Around the Hyatt Regency Maui
- Hyatt Regency Maui Ocean Front Room
- Grand Wailea – Terrace View Room
- The Grand Wailea
- Grand Wailea Spa
- Eating Around the Grand Wailea
- Activities Around the Grand Wailea
- The Road to Hana
- United Flight From Hawaii
- Blog Giveaway & Conclusion
Daraius booked us in First Class on United using United miles. But it was a short flight and we wished we’d flown in coach and saved the miles instead!
Each seat had a small built-in TV on the back of the seat in front of it.
There was a built-in remote control.
Daraius didn’t want to go back to reality!
While we were waiting for take-off, we were served drinks in small plastic cups.
Soon we took off, and it was time for the warm nuts.
Daraius and I had steak with garlic red skin potatoes and mixed vegetables. I loved the mashed potatoes!
For dessert, we had caramel (my favorite) and strawberry (Daraius’ favorite) ice cream sundaes. Yum!
We stayed overnight at the Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo and then took a Southwest flight back to Kansas City the next morning.
We had a wonderful first trip to Hawaii – thanks to miles & points – and can’t wait to go back!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 10,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another trip report!