Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Chase, and Citi are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: This offer is no longer available.
CHASE INK BOLD® & INK PLUS®
- Application Link: Chase Ink Bold®
- Application Link: Chase Ink Plus®
- Link: How to Fill Out a Chase Business Card Application
On Friday, I wrote that the Chase Ink cards will have a higher sign-up bonus between June 16, 2013 to June 22, 2013.
The new offer is live on the Chase website, and I wanted to share it with folks as soon as possible (I added my affiliate links to the post later).
The sign-up bonus on the Chase Ink Plus® and the Chase Ink Bold® is increasing to 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points – from 50,000 points – after spending $5,000 within the first 3 months. The $95 annual fee is waived for the 1st year.
There was a 60,000 point offer for the Chase Ink Bold® in April last year, but it didn’t last long. And the sign-up bonus at one point for the Ink Bold was $10,000 within 3 months, so the special offer this week for 60,000 points after spending $5,000 within the first 3 months is a good offer!
Emily and I both have the Chase Ink Plus® and the Chase Ink Bold® and they are among our favorite cards!
The economy is doing well so it is unlikely that we will we see mega credit card sign-up bonuses soon. Most credit card executives tell me that 40,000 to 50,000 point offers are likely to remain the norm for some time.
60,000 points on the Chase Ink Plus® or Ink Bold® will get you:
- Gift cards or Cash Back – $600 value
- Travel through the Ultimate Rewards Portal – $750 value
- Transfer to Southwest – $1,000 value
- Transfer to hotel and airline partners – $750+ value
The Chase Ink Plus® & Ink Bold® are among my favorite cards because:
- You earn 5X points for cable/internet/telecom purchases and for purchases from office supply stores
- You earn 2X points for gas & hotel purchases
- There are NO foreign transaction fees
- Points never expire and can be transferred to United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, Ritz Carlton, Korean Air, Southwest, and Amtrak
The main difference between both cards is the Chase Ink Plus® is a credit card while the Chase Ink Bold® is a charge card. This means that you have to pay the balance on your Chase Ink Bold in full (which you should be doing in any case!), but can roll over the balance on the Chase Ink Plus (not recommended because of the high interest fees).
You can also use your Chase Ink Bold® or Chase Ink Plus® to:
- Buy Amazon.com or Kindle gift cards, with NO purchase fees, at Office Depot, Staples, and Office Max and earn 5x Ultimate Rewards points or 5% cash back for all your Amazon.com purchases
- Buy Southwest gift cards at office supply stores and get up to ~20% off Southwest flights!
CHASE INK CASH® & INK CLASSIC
The sign-up bonus on the Chase Ink Cash® and the Chase Ink Classic is increasing to 25,000 Ultimate Rewards points – from 20,000 points – after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months.
The Chase Ink Cash® and Chase Ink Classic have NO annual fee, but you get 5X Ultimate Rewards points or 5% cash back at office supply stores and for cable/internet/telecom only for $25,000 in annual spending per year at Office Supply stores.
The Ink Classic offers 2x points for spending at gas stations and hotels and the Ink Cash offers 2x points for spending at gas stations and restaurants.
You can’t transfer points from the Ink Cash or Classic directly to airline or hotel partners. But you can transfer the Ultimate Rewards points to the Chase Sapphire Preferred®, Chase Ink Bold® or the Chase Ink Plus® card and from there to airline or hotel partners such as Hyatt or United.
HOW TO APPLY
You don’t need to be incorporated to apply for a business credit card. You can also apply for a business credit card as a sole proprietor and even as a start-up business with little to no revenue.
But don’t lie on the application form!
I wouldn’t go out of my way to apply for the Chase Ink cards if you weren’t going to apply for them.
If you were going to apply for the cards, the extra 10,000 points on the Chase Ink Bold® and Chase Ink Plus® and the extra 5,000 points on the Chase Ink Cash® and Chase Ink Classic could make it worth applying before this Saturday on June 22, 2013.