Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Best Western Vacation Citation
Best Western has a fun Vacation Citation contest on their website where you can issue a “Vacation Citation” to friends and family members who you feel need to go on vacation!
The random drawing for prizes includes:
- Grand Prize winner will get a dream vacation which includes a five night stay at any Best Western hotel in the world, round trip airfare, gift cards to use on vacation and more.
- Best Western Travel Cards
- MasterCard and Amazon Gift Cards
- Avis rental car vouchers and AAA/CAA memberships.
Do You Use Your Vacation?
Best Western and Wakefield Research found that more than half of all US Travelers find it hard to use all their allocated vacation days.
My goal is to not let a single vacation day go unused! I turned down an offer from Amazon to work with another Fortune 500 company which not only had a more generous vacation policy, but which also encouraged employees to use ALL their vacation time each year.
Sure, Amazon gave employees a small stock grant and higher pay, but I knew that I’d be unhappy with only 2 weeks of vacation in the year. The trade-off was certainly worth it for me!
Sending Email On Vacation
Best Western also found that 55% of all employees can’t go a week without checking email, and I’m guilty of this. But checking my email once a day – in the morning or night – actually made it easier for me to go on vacation.
That’s because folks at the office know that they don’t have to cover for my emails and I have less to do when I do get back in the office.
$100 Best Western Gift Card
Best Western is offering a $100 gift card to a lucky Million Mile Secrets reader!
All you have to do is leave a comment, on this post, answering the question “Do you use all your vacation days?” BEFORE 9:00 pm CST on Friday, March 15, 2013.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 10,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!