Over the weekend, Emily and I were at Frequent Traveler University.
I presented in 4 sessions:
- An introduction to miles and points
- Credit cards together with Gary from View from the Wing
- A “secret” session with Gary from View from the Wing, Ben from One Mile at a Time, & Seth, The Wandering Aramean
- And a category bonus session with the Frequent Miler
There are some great reviews of Frequent Traveler University from MileValue & Frequently Flying together with lots of pictures so check those posts out! Points Envy’s dastardly plot to disrupt the event failed yet again.
Travel Summary’s concise summary of the event is spot-on:
My review of the event is pretty simple: you’re not really missing too much if you read the blogs regularly, but you’re missing out on a great opportunity to put a face to a name with bloggers and others on Twitter. As many others and myself have stated, networking goes a long way.
If you’ve been collecting miles and points for a while, you’ll get the most benefit from talking to the other attendees and trading stories. Emily and I had the most fun meeting everyone at the event and connecting a face to an email or comment and going out to lunch and dinner with folks! Thanks for stopping by the Million Mile Secrets booth.
The next Frequent Traveler University is from April 26 to April 28, 2013 in Washington, DC and we look forward to meeting lots more folks there!
A big thank you to Tommy and the rest of the Milepoint crew for putting together the event. It takes a lot of work behind the scenes when an event goes as smoothly as the recent FTU in LA did!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 7,500+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!