Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Bank of America, Barclaycard, Chase, Citi, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. Citi Forward. This FlyerTalk thread has a link to a 30,000 Thank You Point Citi Forward card. The card doesn’t have an annual fee and earns:
- 10,000 Thank You points after spending $500 in the first 3 months
- Another 10,000 Thank You points after spending $1,000 in months 4, 5, & 6
- The final 10,000 Thank You points after spending $1,500 within months 7, 8 & 9
So you earn a total of 30,000 Thank You Points after spending $3,000 in nine months.
I wrote about a limited-time 50,000 Thank You point and a 40,000 Thank You Point offer last week which offers more Thank You points as a sign up bonus, but which also requires more minimum spending.
You can usually redeem 1 Thank You point for 1 cent towards gift cards or travel or 1.33 cents towards air travel if you have the Citi Thank You Premier card. So 30,000 points is worth $300 or $400 if you have the Citi Thank You Premier.
Points to Point B notes that the Citi Forward offers 5X points for dining, books (which currently includes Amazon), and movies so this could be a good choice for some to use for dining, since you are effectively getting a 5% return. On the other hand, the Citi American Airlines & Hilton cards are much better than the Citi Forward in terms of the sign-up bonus.
However, the offer has contradictory terms in the offer landing page (2X points) and in the terms and conditions (5x points). I’m not sure whether the 2X or 5X points will ultimately be honored.
2. 50,000 Point American Express Business Gold. Today is the last day to sign up for the American Express Business Gold card with 50,0000 Membership Rewards points. As I wrote before, this isn’t my affiliate link so take a few screenshots if you do apply for the offer.
If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 7,500+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another credit card update!