Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Radisson hotel has a promotion where you can earn 1 free night in the US, Canada or Caribbean after booking 1 night at any Radisson Blu or Radisson hotel in the US, Canada or Caribbean between October 1 and October 31, 2012, and completing your stay before December 31, 2012.
- This offer is valid for only the 1st 50,000 online registrations, so sign-up for the promotion sooner rather than later.
- The free night is in the form of an award (not points) which can be used in any Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel in the US, Canada, or Caribbean through December 31, 2013.
- Reservations using cash & points awards or the discounted AAA rate also qualify for the free night award.
Frugal Travel Lawyer has a great explanation of how to stack this with other promotions to squeeze every last point & cent out!
But, you could stack the promotion and stay in a Radisson for $ 60 or $70 and then redeem your free award at the more expensive Radisson or Radisson Blu hotels.
Or if you have a hotel stay planned before December 2012, you could move it to a Radisson hotel and get a free night to use by the end of December 2013 – effectively reducing the price of your hotel stays by 50%!
Unfortunately, you can’t use the free night in expensive Europe. But there are plenty of places in North America which are (unfortunately) expensive too!
Here are 6 steps to make the most of this promotion:
1. Stay One. Get One. Register in the “Stay One. Get One.” promotion to get 1 free night after 1 paid night.
2. 2,000 Extra Points. Register in the “Stay More Nights. Earn More Nights” to earn 2,000 bonus points for your 1 night stay.
3. 8% Cash Back. Top Cash Back offers 8% cash back (for the next 2 days) when you book a hotel at the Radisson after clicking through from Top Cash Back. You can also use Fat Wallet for 3.5% cash back, if you prefer using a different cash back site or have had trouble getting cash back from Top Cash Back.
4. 1,000 to 2,000 Online Booking Bonus. If you are a Red level (entry-level) member of the Club Carlson program, you get 1,000 bonus points for booking your stay online. If you are a Gold or Silver member, you get 2,000 bonus points for booking your stay online.
5. 30% Off. This isn’t applicable to ALL Radisson hotels, but you may be able to get 30% off a stay at a Radisson if you book your stay by October 9, 2012.
You have to use the discount code 30PCTOFF in the “Promotional Code” field when making your booking. Unfortunately, there is limited availability with both dates and participating hotels.
6. 5X Ultimate Rewards Points or 5% Cash Back. You get 5x Chase Ultimate Rewards points or 5% cash back when you pay with your Chase Freedom for hotel stays purchased directly through a hotel.
If you don’t have the Chase Freedom Visa or MasterCard, you can use the Chase Sapphire Preferred which earns 2X Ultimate Rewards points for all travel purchases.
This is a great promotion if you can stay in a cheap Radisson and use the free night at a more expensive Radisson. Unfortunately, you can only earn 1 free night per account.
But you can always check-in with your family to earn 1 night for each family member and then redeem each free night for consecutive stays!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 7,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update on hotel promotions!