[Disclosure: I get a referral for link to the Chase Hyatt credit card, but it is
a better offer than the offer on the Chase or Hyatt website.]
Link: Chase Hyatt Credit Card
Update 2: The minimum spending for the Chase Hyatt credit card is now $1,000 even with my affiliate link.
Update: My referral link will increase to $1,000 in minimum spending on October 10, 2012.
The current offer for the Chase Hyatt credit card, via my affiliate link, is 2 free nights in ANY Hyatt after your FIRST purchase.
This is great because you don’t have to complete a minimum spending requirement to get those free nights. And you can use these free nights in any Hyatt hotel. Emily and I used our free nights on our honeymoon at the Park Hyatt in Paris where the room rates are usually $800+ a night!
However, the offer on the Chase & Hyatt website is for 2 free nights AFTER spending $1,000 within 3 months. $1,000 in minimum spending isn’t a huge requirement, but it does add up if you’ve got other cards.
This follows the trend for the Chase Southwest and United cards where the 1st purchase requirement has given way to a $1,000 minimum spending requirement.
The last few times when my affiliate link was better than the public offers was with the Chase Sapphire Preferred where the offer from my affiliate link was 50,000 points instead of 40,000 points on the Chase website. And with the Chase Ink Bold where the minimum spending through my affiliate link was $5,000 instead of $10,000 on the Chase website.
But the offer from my affiliate link soon changed to match the public offer.
Which makes sense because I can’t imagine why Chase would let affiliates market a better offer than what is on their own website.
Chase Hyatt Benefits
- You get 2 free nights in any Hyatt after your 1st purchase.
- Existing Diamond members get the 2 free nights in a suite
- Existing Platinum members get 2 suite upgrade certificates for paid stays, but the 2 free nights are in a standard room
You can match your existing status from other hotels to Hyatt. For example, it is fairly easy to get Hilton Gold status. If you request a Diamond trial challenge, you will get Diamond status for 60 days and your 2 free nights from the Chase Hyatt card will be in a suite, even for stays beyond the 60 day trial diamond period!
Call Hyatt at 800-228-3360 or email them at email@example.com to request a challenge.
- The card also gets you Hyatt Platinum elite status which means free internet
- You get 1 free night in any category 1 to 4 Hyatt every anniversary which more than makes up for the $75 annual fee
- Way back in June, I wrote about a way to get a $75 statement credit for the Chase Hyatt card, which effectively waived the 1st year $75 annual fee. I listed that post in the Hotel Credit Card tab, in the Hyatt section, even though it didn’t pay me a referral, because it saved you $75.
However, that doesn’t seem to work anymore, but let me know if you have better luck!
On October 9, 2012, the minimum spending for using
my affiliate link will increase to match the $1,000 currently shown on the Hyatt website.
$1,000 isn’t particularly high, so I wouldn’t go out of my way to apply for the Chase Hyatt card now if you didn’t plan on applying for it.