Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. 2,000 Free Best Western Points. Free Frequent Flyer Miles reports that you can 2,000 points for signing up for Best Western’s hotel loyalty program if you stay in certain Asian countries and an extra 2,000 points for your 1st stay.
The eligible countries are Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Hong Kong, India, Indian Ocean Islands, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kuwait, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Yemen.
Best Western also has a very generous status match program where they match your elite status from other hotel programs. I matched my Hyatt Diamond status to Best Western last year and got a nice upgrade on a few work trips!
2. Southwest Fare Sale. Southwest has a 11 day fare sale.
You have to purchase your ticket between September 18 through September 28, 2012, 11:59 pm Pacific Time for travel between September 18 through February 14, 2013.
Southwest has a revenue based frequent flyer program, so a fare sale means that both cash AND award bookings using points will cost less!
It doesn’t hurt to book your trip using points even if you’re not sure of your plans, because you get the points back in your account without paying a change fee if you cancel the reservation.
If you cancel a paid flight on Southwest, the ticketed passenger gets a credit which can be used for up to 1 year after the booking was made, with no change fee.
If you’ve already booked trips between September 18 & February 14, 2013, it doesn’t hurt to check to see if they are available for less because you can always cancel and rebook your flights for no change fee.
Unfortunately, there are some restrictions.
1. 10 day advance purchase is required, so this isn’t helpful for last minute trips.
2. Travel not allowed on Sundays.
3. There are blackout days on November 16 – November 21, November 23 – November 26, December 20 – December 23, and December 26 – January 2, 2013.
If you’re running low on Southwest points, Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer instantly to Southwest Airlines in 1:1 ratio.
3. 48 Hour Hyatt Sale. Hack my Trip shares details of Hyatt’s 48 hour sale along with a list of included hotels.
4. 8,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles. The Points Guy writes about a Starwood hotel promotion for an extra 8,000 Aeroplan (the frequent flier program of Air Canada) miles.
You can get these extra miles in addition to Starwood’s current promotion so it doesn’t hurt to register.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 6,500+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another episode of news you can use!