Trip Report Index:
- British Airways First Class Lounge – Boston
- British Airways First Class – Boston to London
- British Airways Concorde Room – London
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris – Park Suite
- Around the Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris
- Day 1 in Paris – George V, The Champs-Elysées, and the Arc de Triomphe
- Day 2 in Paris – Notre Dame & the Paris Opera
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris – Park Deluxe Room
- Day 3 in Paris – A Lazy Day & Dinner in the Eiffel Tower
- Day 4 in Paris – Versailles and Rue Cler
- Day 5 in Paris - Sainte-Chapelle, the Louvre, & Emily’s Favorite Evening
- Day 6 in Paris – Park Hyatt Paris Buffet & a Day of Shopping
- Day 7 in Paris - Emily’s Allergic Reaction and our Last Day in Paris
- American Airlines Admirals Club – Paris
- Hilton Heathrow London, Terminal 4
- British Airways Concorde Room
- British Airway First Class – London to Boston
- Air France Graf Lounge – Boston
- Conclusion & Blog Giveaway
Miles and points let us have a great honeymoon in Paris, and we could have paid a few hundred dollars instead of the ~$2,000 in taxes and fees because we chose to fly British Airways.
But it took lots of time and planning to get to Paris.
It took time to collect the miles and points, apply for credit cards, complete the minimum spending, make sure the miles/points posted to our account, and to make the airline and hotel bookings. We also had to be flexible in our departure city and eventually flew out of Boston.
Of course, very few people can or will actually *pay* $32,000, but that doesn’t make the retail cost any lower. If you want such an experience and don’t use miles and points, you’re going to have to pay $32,000.
And that’s why I collect miles and points!
Now let’s have a blog giveaway!
Here’s what we have to giveaway:
- British Airways Amenity Kit, Pajamas & Slippers
- Model of the Eiffel Tower
- British Airways model plane (A319 & A320 1:200 scale)
- Cafe de Paris CD
- Paris city journal
- Set of coasters, Paris travel pouch, and Eiffel Tower key chain
You can enter by leaving ONE comment per person on this blog post. To make this fun, comment on what’s your dream honeymoon or vacation destination!
I’d also be very grateful if you would consider voting for the Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project in the Chase Community Giving program.
Shanti Bhavan is a US-based charity which provides 17 years of schooling and training to the poorest children in India – many of whom’s parents are considered “untouchable” and who face tremendous disadvantages.
You earn an additional entry by liking & commenting on the Million Mile Secrets Facebook page with your dream honeymoon or vacation destination.
And a third entry by sending a tweet to @MilMileSecrets with #MMSParis
I’ll pick two random winners from the comments, facebook, and twitter after the contest closes on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 11:59 pm CST!