Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Don’t forget to enter my contest to win 50,000 Marriott hotel points!
1. Yet Another Iceland Air Update. Jared writes that you should hold off buying Iceland Air miles because the miles may not show up instantly in your account.
Iceland Air is working on fixing the glitch, and I’m sure Jared will post an update when he finds out more. I suspect the folks are Iceland Air are a bit overworked right now because it isn’t every day that you get a chance to go to Hawaii for $330 in First Class.
2. Starwood Q3 Promotion. Mommy Points shares the details of Starwood’s 3rd quarter promotion. Nothing too exciting, and we really shouldn’t expect a return of the more lucrative promotions which hotels ran after the financial crisis to help fill rooms.
From October 1 to December 20, 2012 you can earn:
- Double SPG points on stays of 1 or 2 nights
- Triple SPG points on stays of 3+ night
There’s a big list of hotels which aren’t participating as well, but something is better than nothing.
Starwood is also offering a 500 point incentive to folks to download and book via their iPhone app, which is a great way to get folks to download the app. There’s also a 250 points bonus for folks who book on SPG.com.
3. Priority Club Bonuses. New Girl in the Air has a great summary of all the current Priority Club bonuses. It doesn’t hurt to register for all the promotions because you can often get more than 1 bonus.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 6,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!