Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. Getting Matched to the $2,000 Chase Sapphire Preferred. Readers have commented that they have been successful at sending a secure message to Chase and getting matched to the current offer of 40,000 bonus points after spending only $2,000 instead of $3,000. Chase usually matches you to the best current offer if you applied within the last 90 days, so it doesn’t hurt to ask.
Basically, you can’t have TWO stopovers of more than 4 hours each, but one stopover of 4 hours or multiple stopovers of less than 2 hours appear to be allowed. So if you have an overnight connection in, say, Seattle, going and coming from Hawaii, you won’t be able to book the flight since you will have TWO stopovers of more than 4 hours each.
Here’s an earlier post on how to find award seats on Alaska Airlines and buy Iceland Air miles.
3. 40% Discount on United Miles. Via Lucky, United is offering a 40% discount (when you buy at least 15,000 miles) on buying miles up to 11:59 pm CST on Wednesday, August 21, 2012.
This works out to 2.26 cents per mile for up to 100,000 miles. This isn’t a great (or even good) deal, but buying 100,000 miles for ~$2,260 will get you a business class ticket to Europe or South America. Could also be worth it to some to top off your United account for an award.
4. 50% Discount for Transferring Delta Points. Delta points writes about a discount for transferring Delta miles where you pay 0.5 cents per mile transferred up to August 31, 2012.
You can always book an award for someone else, so there’s no point paying to transfer the miles unless you’re just a bit short of an award for yourself.
5. Two $50 Discount Coupons for Air Tran. Million Mile Secrets reader Tammy (thanks!) has graciously donated 2 $50 discount coupons for a round-trip on Air Tran.
But you have to book AND fly by August 31, 2012.
The discount code is: 2701, and the certificate numbers are: 94563330102539 & 94565672507926.
Here’s how to redeem the Discount Certificates online
“Go to AirTran.com by August 31, 2012, and select your desired AirTran Airways flight(s). All travel must be complete by August 31, 2012.
On the payment page, select ‘Discount Coupons’ and enter the discount code and certificate number included above. One Discount Certificate is allowed per person per reservation.
Click the ‘Submit Coupon’ button, and we’ll apply your discount instantly.”
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 6,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another edition of news you can use!