Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Disclosure: I don’t get paid any commission for recommending this credit card.
Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $10,000 within 4 months ($2,500 per month) on The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN. However, this is a 1-day only offer which ends today, February 29, 2012. The offer terms don’t specify which time zone.
The 1st year fee of $175 is waived for the 1st year, and you’ll earn:
- 3X AMEX Membership Rewards points in 1 of 5 categories (you choose): Airfare purchased directly from airlines, US advertising in select media, US gas stations, US shipping, and US hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases
- 2X points in the remaining 4 categories
- 1X points on other purchases
- NO foreign transaction fees
- Terms and limitations apply
As always, I updated the “Bank Rewards Points” tab so that you can always find the best deals.
Most folks don’t spend the tens of thousands of dollars needed to justify the hefty $175 annual fee. And why sign-up for a card with only a 25,000 point sign-up bonus?
But a 75,000 point sign-up bonus definitely makes this card very attractive.
American Express Membership Rewards has previously had transfer bonus promotions for transfers to British Airways and Delta. So a 40% transfer bonus to Delta will yield 105,000 (75,000 point sign-up bonus + 30,000 point transfer bonus) Delta miles which is enough for a business class ticket to Europe.
If you applied for The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN recently and got less than a 75,000 point bonus, you could send AMEX a secure message or call them to match the higher bonus. It isn’t guaranteed that American Express will match the higher bonus, but the answer is “no” if you don’t ask!
I’ll be passing on this card because the $10,000 spending requirement is too high.
Hopefully this a sign of more to come!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 3,500+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another credit card update!