Chase has re-launched the British Airways credit card which will give you 100,000 miles – 50,000 after the first purchase and another 50,000 miles after you spend $2,500 within 3 months of activating the card.
This offer was last available in late 2009 and is not expected to last very long. You can do a lot of free traveling with 100,000 BA miles!
Apply now because here’s what 100,000 BA miles gets you:
- 4 free roundtrips in economy within the US on American Airlines
- 1 free business class ticket on British Airways to Western Europe
- 1 free business class ticket to South America or 2 free economy tickets to Western Europe + 20,000 miles left over
- 2 free coach or 1 free business class ticket to the Far East
If you and your spouse apply for the card, that’s double the free travel!
Additional benefits of the card include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- A companion certificate which will let you redeem BA miles for 2 tickets on British Airways metal (i.e. flight must be a British Airways flight – no partner flights allowed) once you spend $30,000 on the card.
- You earn 1.25 miles per $1 spent on all purchases (higher than most other airlines); purchases on British Airways earn $2.5.
The card has a $95 annual fee which is a steal compared to the $1000 (or more) worth of free miles which you are getting. I took a very conservative estimate of valuing each mile at 1 penny ($100,000 X 1 penny) = $1,000.
You would likely see a value far greater than $1,000 – particularly if you redeem for international travel. That’s because a business class ticket to London would cost much more than $1,000!
British Airways charges fuel surcharges so the “free” ticket will end up costing you a little out-of-pocket. Taxes for a Business Class trip to London should be approximately $270 each way. This will be a total of 50,000 miles + $270 versus the $6, 380 for which British Airways was selling a one-way Business Class ticket to London when I checked today. Still quite the deal – even with the taxes & fuel surcharges!
I’ve flown British Airways First Class before and it was awesome. Don’t worry, I’ll be posting a full trip-report soon!
If you do decide to apply, don’t forget to:
- Verify that the link has taken you to the offer for a 100,000 miles
- Print out the offer details.
- Apply for a British Airways Executive Club Number and enter that in your credit card application
This is a top 5 travel deal and you should GRAB it QUICKLY.